View Vacancy - Mutual Legal Assistance Co-ordinator - B3
Main purpose of job:
The Organised Crime and Migration Team in Islamabad have oversight of mutual legal assistance between the UK and Pakistan on criminal enquiries. The job will co-ordinate our engagement with Government of Pakistan agencies on the criminal justice system, manage a database of ongoing cases and lobby agencies in Islamabad and London on their progress on urgent cases. The role will involve close collaboration with internal & external stakeholders, so excellent interpersonal skills are essential. A strong stakeholder focus is required. The incumbent must be comfortable at conversing at all levels within the organisation, be articulate and demonstrate initiative. Organisational skills are essential, as well as accuracy and an attention to detail. UK legal or law enforcement experience would be an advantage.
Roles and responsibilities
- Co-ordinate mutual legal assistance co-operation between the UK and Pakistan, working with the 1st Secretary Organised crime, criminal justice advisor, National Crime Agency, UK Central Authority and other agencies in the mission. This may include making logistical arrangements for training courses and preparation of materials.
- Provide legal support through the undertaking of a range of research projects and management tasks. The jobholder will need to carry out background research and present findings.
- Build relationships with officials in key Pakistani law enforcements agencies at federal and provincial level including NAB, FIA, MOI, and Punjab government and using that relationship to monitor progress on key mutual legal assistance cases.
- Maintain the mutual legal assistance database to ensure that it is kept up to date and contains the latest information on all cases of assistance is stored on the database.
Essential on arrival:
1) Knowledge of procedures and structures of provincial and federal government in Pakistan.
2) Stakeholder and relationship management.
3) Strong Interpersonal and communication skills.
4) Experience of using Microsoft Office programs
5) Bachelors Degree
1) Experience of maintaining a database
2) Knowledge of procedures and structures of Crown Prosecution Service and UK Central Authority
3) A legal qualification from a recognised higher education institution
For BHC candidates, the Local BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, Basic Salary will be PKR 125,432 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered.
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Attach a detailed CV
- Complete the Motivation Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers. Else the application will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by “10th January’18” midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.