View Vacancy - RoK - Steward S2
Main purpose of job: To assist in organising events held at the British Ambassador’s Residence in Seoul, and to work with the Residence domestic staff team to ensure that the Residence is run efficiently and maintained to a high standard.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- To receive the Ambassador’s official guests at the Residence, including senior ministerial and other dignitaries.
- To assist in delivering, organizing, preparation, and delivery of all Residence events, including dinners, receptions and outdoor events.
- To work with the Butler on table setting and managing the food and beverage service.
- To prepare equipment, furniture, seats, refreshments and rooms as required for events.
- To look out for, and alert the Residence Manager to any potential difficulties, last moment changes, or problems developing.
- To be able to provide excellent service to anyone coming to the Residence for events.
- To provide cover during Butler’s absence.
- To properly assist companies hiring the Residence so that an outside hired events are carried out without any problems and in a professional manner.
- To keep pantry, drinks refrigerator, and cupboards well stocked at all times and maintain sufficient supplies of other household items, including caring for china and stock keeping silver, cutlery and glassware.
- Reporting any breakages and discrepancies to Residence Manager.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure): There are no direct line management responsibilities but job holder will work closely with the Butler and other team members, and with contractors and external waiters etc.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service, and table settings
- Some table & beverage service experiences.
- Computer skills (Word and Excel)
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed): In-house trainings and if possible, English classes can be taken at British Council.
Conditioned working hours are 41 hours per week gross with TOIL (Time-off in Lieu) granted for hours worked in excess of this. Normal working hours are Mon-Thur 09:00 – 17:15 & 09:00 - 17:00 Friday, however regular evening and some weekend working will be required, with Time Off in Lieu given as necessary.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The applicant must have or be able to obtain work authorisation in Korea in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Seoul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Korean employment law.
All applications must be received before 14 January 2018 at 2355 Seoul time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Interviews for this position will commence during the week of 29 January 2018.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.