View Vacancy - UKVI Messenger (TUR650)
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, security, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for two UKVI Messenger to provide support to the UKVI Messenger team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry, load, unload, deliver and collect file boxes from and to various locations between office buildings within the compound;
- To fill boxes and move items requested to storage units within the timescales required;
- To support Registry when necessary;
- To ensure that files are in the correct location;
- To carry out ad-hoc duties as may be prescribed by Managers.
- Reasonable command of spoken English and native Turkish;
- Ability to comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions;
- Knowledge of correct manual handling techniques;
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks to an agreed standard;
- Good computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Experience in a physical role, such as a messenger or porter.
This is a full-time 5 months fixed-term contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week. Normal working hours are 08:30 to 16:45, Monday to Friday. The jobholder is expected to travel and participate in activities outside of these hours.
The annual salary for this position is 32,409.60TL gross, S1 level. This may be negotiable subject to experience and qualifications. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.