View Vacancy - Communications Manager - B3
Main purpose of job:
To deliver innovative, informative and targeted media communications on behalf of the Press and Digital Office of the British High Commission. Regular drafting of content to support communication activities. Working closely with the rest of the High Commission to manage the Communications planning grid.
Roles and responsibilities
- Liaise across the mission to identify possible media opportunities for internal and external communications, media releases and digital communications; drafting regular content under each of these activities and ensuring communications is an integral part of the High Commission’s work.
- Work with communications teams and sections across the UK mission in Pakistan to maintain an effective media planning grid that accurately reflects forthcoming media opportunities across the whole of the mission and ensure that all the opportunities recorded in the grid are pursued.
- Develop an understanding of key digital audiences and target them with cutting edge digital engagement.
- Work with the Strategic Communications team and attend project meetings to develop media and communications opportunities that will maximise the media impact of Strategic Communications programmes. Draft content and press releases in support of these activities when required.
- Organise press briefings, interviews, press conferences and other press opportunities for ministerial and high level officials. Regular media monitoring and publishing of relevant stories of interest to policy leads.
- Deliver a process for evaluating impact and lessons learned from media opportunities to inform future planning and to benchmark the performance and show progress made on agreed objectives.
- Support digital collaboration and partnership opportunities with external digital platforms (e.g. private news sites, blogs and forums etc) to extend our reach to our target audiences and increase the impact of our digital campaigns.
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
Essential on arrival: Knowledge/experience of the Pakistani media landscape.
Education: Degree or equivalent is essential, master’s degree is desirable.
Desirable: At least 4 year experience of working in same environment.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For non-BHC candidates, the basic salary will be PKR 125,432 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
Please note applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered.
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Attach a detailed CV
- Complete the Motivation Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers. Else the application will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by “19th January 2018” midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.