View Vacancy - INTERNAL VACANCY: Regional HR Advisor
The British Embassy, Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for a Regional Human Resources Advisor, grade B3 (L).
This job is part of the Regional HR Hub covering the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The successful candidate will report to the Regional Human Resources Team Leader for MENA, based in Abu Dhabi.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is part of a world-wide network of 230 UK overseas missions, representing British security, prosperity and consular interests abroad. The Regional HR Advisor will lead on provision of HR consultancy and support for local staff working at British Embassies, High Commissions and other Offices located in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
The role of the Regional HR Hub is to provide key HR Services (recruitment, pay and reward, talent and performance management and HR enquiries) to customers across the region and to provide a strategic and professional HR capability to support Regional Senior Leaders in delivery of business and objectives. The HR hub forms an integral part of the global HR offer to staff working in the overseas network for the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and will lead on all region specific HR issues in collaboration with the London based HR Directorate. The role reports to the Regional Human Resources Team Leader for the MENA region and will deliver through their HR hub team.
Purpose of Job:
Provide HR consultancy services and support to staff at all British diplomatic missions within the Region, currently comprising of 19 Countries and 25 Posts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collate and analyse data from within the region to develop a consistent and effective region-wide HR strategy by streamlining HR processes, standardising terms and conditions of employment and implementing consistent performance management processes.
- Work together with HR colleagues on various HR projects and on development of new HR policies.
- Engage with a wide network of external contacts to understand and keep up-to-date with workforce regulations and HR compliance policies and issues across the region.
- Liaison with colleagues and legal advisers in diplomatic missions to ensure local staff policies and procedures are consistent with local labour law and practices.
- Provision of local post HR advice and guidance on local labour law.
- Quality control of Performance Management & Appraisals, including making recommendations to Posts to improve quality and standards.
- Support and monitor appraisal/review cycles with Line Managers.
- Effective management of probation periods with Line Managers.
- Support to line managers on Managing Poor Performance.
- Maintain and update centralised HR database for Region; prepare and deliver reports.
- Manage HR-related administration and reporting.
- HR super-user of ORACLE database (Prism).
- Manage the HR enquiries operation including monthly reporting and analysis of key trends/issues
- Leading and Communicating: Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. It’s about supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all.
- Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Changing and Improving: It is about being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in smarter, more focused ways.
- Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- CIPD / GPHR or equivalent qualified, or actively studying towards these.
- At least 3 years of experience in a HR generalist/advisory/business partner role.
- Experience specialising fields in Human Resources such as Performance Management, Staffing, Organisation Development and Employee Relations.
- Knowledge of regional local employment law (advantage if has exposure in the MENA Region).
- Proficient in IT skills are required including Microsoft Office and SharePoint and has capability in using HR system.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language is required.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have a valid residency permit in the UAE.
- Bachelor’s Degree (HR, Business or related studies)
- Experience in a shared service environment
- Fluency in other languages of the region (e.g., Arabic)
- Already holds a valid security clearance.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role. The total salary for the role is AED 15,406 per month at Grade B3 (L); on-site parking and access to on-site swimming pool, gymnasium and sports facilities. There are no other allowances payables as part of this package.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 14:30 from Sunday to Thursday. However, the successful candidate may be required to work outside normal working hours.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 18th January 2018 before 23:55 UAE Time.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks. We reserve the right to withdraw this position and any offer associated with it at any time and without reason.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.