View Vacancy - NCA Office Manager (01/18 NR)
Main purpose of job:
To provide office management and administrative support to the National Crime Agency Team
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Manage significant budgets maintaining precise records on PRISM and NCA records.
- Provide administrative support to NCA Team.
- Complete corporate records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Record incoming intelligence reports and maintain spreadsheets.
- Develop skills and understanding of the maintenance and research of analytical data.
- Manage staff (principally locally engaged NCA driver)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Through a clear understanding of budgetary processes, be able to manage NCA budgeting processes including cross charging and Prism accounting processes.
- Organise travel and accommodation arrangements for NCA staff Nairobi, and those of visitors planned throughout the year.
- Recording of incoming intelligence reports and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Maintenance of an office diary and ILO diary and contacts database.
- Keeping office inventories up to date, including the timely submission of returns to NCA London.
- Liaison with other NCA offices and other law enforcement partners in person and in writing, collating information and preparing reports.
- Searching open source material, keeping abreast of news and media relating to NCA business.
- Arranging and attending conferences, meetings, workshops and representing the NCA at such events as appropriate.
- Timely completion of one’s own performance records as well as that of those managed.
- Performing ad-hoc duties such a managing other corporate duties as identified as is commensurate to the role.
- Maintaining the role of single point of contact in relation to IT issues (Next Generation Topaz)
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
1 member of staff (driver)
Budget of approximately £1million
- Previous Administration skills
- Excel skills, Word and Outlook experience
Due to the nature of the role it is necessary that applicants be security cleared to SC. Clearance can normally only be obtained by UK nationals [not Kenyan dual nationals] Such candidates must have a traceable history over the last 5 years
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nairobi are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Kenya.
- It is essential that the applicants already have the right to live and work in Kenya without the need to apply for a work permit
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.