View Vacancy - COOK (TUR652)
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Cook that will be working with timed schedules, carryout the preparation and cooking of all meals for HMA, The Lady of the house, their guests and visitors as well as for all major and private events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carryout purchase of all food commodities required in accordance with and timed to coincide with daily, weekly and function menus. Provide account, receipt, storage and stock control of all purchased food commodities in accordance with FCO regulations;
Correct and effective use cleaning and maintenance of all kitchen equipment and utensils in accordance with manufactures’ instruction and in compliance with Food Safety Act regulations as applicable to FCO residences and public catering events;
Provide advice and guidance regarding menu’s, create approriate menus which take account of dietary & nutritional factors for all social events and HE's private daily requirements;
Work to the published work patterns under normal routine and provide full catering services for all internal and external events of the Embassy;
Work within the residence team and support the residence manager in his objectives of effective service delivery, mutual respect for co-workers and maintaining a safe working environment;
During time of staff shortages, (if required) assist with moving Items of furniture in preparation for events, support events at the front/back of the house outside normal working hours. Provide support to other residence staff where needed and when requested by the residence manager;
Efficient use of communication tools provided for the Embassy staff such as Prism Self-Service and FCO e-mails.
- Good cooking skills (through experience or qualifications);
- Good understanding of hygiene principles;
- Discreet, efficient serving of meals and other refreshments, politeness to guests and sensible anticipation of requirements (long term planning);
- To be able to manage food and beverage costs, budgeting, storage and stock control;
- Comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions;
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office Programmes – word and Excell;
- A working knowledge of spoken English;
- Ability to act upon managers feedbacks and provide further improvement.
- Familiarity to world cuisine jargon.
This is a full-time permanent contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week, which may be extended by mutual agreement.
The annual salary for this position is 36.076,80 TL gross, S1 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Ankara are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.