View Vacancy - Team Leader - UKVI (Maternity Leave Cover) - Internal Campaign - 01/18 PTA
Main purpose of job:
To perform general office administration duties and to assist with the efficient running of the visa operation. To undertake line management responsibilities of A1 colleagues within the section.
Roles and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be required to primarily assist the Operational Entry Clearance Manager in managing the processing of the workload within customer service standards. However, the holder may be required to cover for the work of colleagues and to rotate to areas of work depending on operational and developmental needs. The A2 role is a demanding one requiring the holder to manage locally engaged staff, interact with the public and oversee the day to day work of the visa operation. The job also requires the holder to accept personal responsibility for their actions and to think for and motivate themselves and others
To lead and manage the daily operations in this section by responding to emails, faxes and telephone enquiries within UKVI guidelines.
To maintain records using spreadsheet registers to ensure correspondence work is meeting the required customer standards.
To lead and manage the daily operations in this section by planning and organizing tasks and activities within the appeals section to ensure that work is completed to the required standards and within the required time period. Maintaining spreadsheet registers and the appeals database where prescribed
To oversee the efficient running of all activities on the front counter.
Assessment Unit Team Leader Duties
To manage, lead and monitor the data entry team ensuring prescribed productivity levels are met and reports are produced on the level of productivity.
The role requires the Team Leader to be responsible for the daily operations by managing and leading a team. To actively issue visas as required, ensuring that they are accurately completed and issued in line with guidance and best practice maintaining accurate records where necessary.
To ensure the integrity of the Visa writer roles.
Maintaining registers on vignettes and the integrity thereof.
To ensure that staff performance is monitored and reported on and that staff appraisals are completed accurately and in accordance with FCO guidelines
AD Hoc Duties
To perform other ad hoc duties connected with the efficient running of the Visa Department
Excellent organisational skills with a good command of the English Language (oral and written)
Good telephone manner, customer focus, interpersonal and team working skills.
Fully IT literate – with proven experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook on a daily basis.
Previous experience of working in a UK Entry Clearance operation is desirable but not essential.
It is extremely important that the successful candidate is flexible, adaptable and shows a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks in a busy environment. A positive attitude is essential as is the ability to work as part of a team to meet deadlines.
Able to work quickly and reliably with little supervision and meet challenging targets
Able to work flexible hours (only day shifts) as required.
Previous experience of working in a UK visa department is desirable but not essential
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Pretoria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in South Africa.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- If you don’t already hold a valid SA Police Clearance Certificate, we recommend that you apply for the certificate at the time of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.