View Vacancy - Senior Trade Advisor (CZE22.358)
The British Government representation in the Czech Republic is located at the British Embassy in Prague.
The British Embassy in Prague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Senior Trade Adviser. The successful applicant will join the Department for International Trade (DIT) which is a UK Government department which helps build an appetite for British goods and services globally, promotes and finances international trade and investment, and champions global free trade.
Working for the Department for International Trade (DIT) in the Czech Republic:
The Export Support Service – International Markets (ESS-IM) sits at the heart of the Department for International Trade’s activity across Europe, helping to identify and drive high potential British exporters, including innovative SMEs and Mid-Sized Businesses (MSBs) into supply chains in Europe. The ESS-IM core team in Prague is growing and looking to recruit a Senior Trade Adviser to lead on stakeholder engagement across the European and UK network, to coordinate an awareness programme that communicates the opportunities in Europe to UK exporters as well as the ESS IM services available to support them taking advantage of those opportunities.
The ESS-IM team not only handle enquiries, coordinating responses from across Europe, but also acts as a centre of expertise, delivering practical support to those companies, including information on market potential, in-market representation, market access and potencial clients. They will also communicate high value opportunities to business, in areas aligned to UK industrial strengths, as part of an innovative promotional programme.
The successful candidate will be part of the team that oversees regional enquires related to commercial opportunities as well as market access, helping businesses navigate and make the most of trade opportunities between the UK and European countries. The successful candidate will work closely with DIT’s export support network in the UK and network of advisors across Europe (Export Growth Teams) to deliver and communicate an attractive and informative promotional programme of activities and opportunities to UK exporters. The candidate will ensure the ESS-IM network is central to wider DIT Europe communications campaign, and is integrated into planned activity. Combined with the wider work of DIT Europe this role will support the delivery of the UK’s Export Strategy.
As with all DIT positions, there will be a focus on working collaboratively with colleagues across DIT’s Network. The work will be varied and demanding and the successful candidate will need to be a flexible, committed self-starter, able to juggle priorities and to work on demanding timelines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on stakeholder management across UK and Europe building strong relationships with International Trade Advisors, external partners such as industry associations, and key contacts across UK Government;
- Communicating opportunities in the European market through the ESS-IM to UK International Trade Advisors and their clients by developing an imaginative regional promotional programme of activities and opportunities for UK Exporters;
- Ensuring that the work of the ESS IM in Europe is linked in with the wider DIT Europe communications plan and ensuring the ESS IM offer of support for Exporters is communicated during outreach activities across Europe such as DITs Europe Trade Month, market specific webinars, seminars or outward Trade Missions to specific markets in Europe;
- Regularly engaging and communicating with Export Growth Teams across Europe to drive the sharing of best practice in providing opportunities for UK exporters;
- Support the Europe Growth Teams throughout Europe in delivering guidance, information and support to high potential British exporters – including innovative small companies, entrepreneurs and MSBs;
- Respond to specific requests from UK companies for market information, through the provision of written and verbal advice, off-the-shelf information, and referrals;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across Europe to ensure a comprehensive and joined-up approach that maximises the returns for high potential exporters – using success in one European market as a springboard to success in another;
- Manage the development of tools and templates for providing reports, maintaining records and managing Sectoral knowledge;
- Help to create and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships with DIT’s export support network in Europe and the UK to identify, target and engage a pipeline of high potential clients;
- Support the ESS-IM Core team in Prague with the further development of the ESS-IM Programme in Europe;
- Some line management duties may be required during the posting.
Fluency in English (both oral and written, minimum C1 level*);
College / university level degree in a relevant area;
2-3 years previous commercial experience;
Excellent communication and promotional skills to work well with commercial clients, external contacts and a wide and diverse Embassy team;
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across business and government;
Drive and enthusiasm combined with the ability to deliver, working as part of a team;
Customer focus: a concern for quality and drive for continuous improvement in the service provided;
Resourcefulness and ability to act on own initiative, with an ability to find creative solutions when the unexpected occurs;
Great IT skills, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel, are needed.
- Good project management, including an eye for detail, to ensure that all aspects of service delivery have been thought through carefully;
- The knowledge of another European language is a bonus;
- Experience in event management desirable;
- Fluency in Czech (both oral and written, minimum C1 level*).
This is a full-time fixed-term position for 24 months, 5 working days (37.5 hours net) per week. Working hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00 with a flexible working hours arrangement. Staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy enjoys an average of 14 Czech/UK public holidays per year.
The monthly salary is 53,306 CZK (gross). In addition, staff receive meal contribution.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and 3 months probationary period.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Czech Republic in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Czech Republic are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Czech Republic employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Czech Republic and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.