View Vacancy - Estates & Corporate Services Manager
The British Embassy in Tehran invites applications for the position of an Estates & Corporate Services Manager.
Main Purpose of Job:
Effective management of the Embassy Estate across two large sites. Working with the Technical Works Services (TWS) and Security team to ensure effective implementation of projects, including obtaining value for money and supporting their budgeting and planning work.
Leading on relationship with local municipality to maintain good relationship to ensure swift resolution to any issues. Managing arrivals and departures, general estate procurement including furnishings, inventories and other tasks. Management of Estate related budgets and posts contracts.
Embassy Fire Safety Manager and Chair of the Embassy’s Environmental Group.
Direct line management of Transport Officer, Protocol officer and Accommodation Officer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing effective support to TWS team to ensure that both compounds of the Estate are maintained to a high standard. Supporting Head of Corporate Services (HCS) and Deputy Head of Corporate Services (D/HCS) with managing changes to the estate. Working closely with the local Municipality to ensure requests are dealt with promptly from both sides and flagging any issues/concerns to HCS or D/HCS.
- Leading on posts two high value contracts for satellite provision and cleaning. Overview of contract management, providing support to other teams including setting specifications and monitoring implementation of all contracts.
Financial Management and Governance:
- Manage all estates related budgets providing monthly updates on spend to D/HCS to allow accurate forecasting and profiling. Working with the Deputy TWS Manager to monitor, plan and forecast effectively the maintenance budgets and all estate related expenditure following Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and Her Majesty’s Governments (HMG) procedures to procure assets and pay contractors and for services.
- Ensure that estates related invoices are paid in a timely fashion and Purchase Orders are raised and receipted in accordance with the Purchase 2 Pay process including avoidance of any retrospective purchasing.
- Ensure Value for Money (VFM) is continually sought and achieved with all suppliers, contractors and maintenance purchases. Supervise use of cash Imprest/Debit Card.
- Provide support and guidance to other budget holders.
Lead on Pyramid (Estates database):
- To maintain accuracy of data, and run reports on a monthly basis to identify missing data, and ensure that teams are maintaining proper records of all estates related activity.
Secretariat functions for the Post Housing Committee (PHC):
- Working with the HCS to compile and circulate recommendations for housing allocations. Ensure housing is adequately maintained, and working with TWS and Accommodation teams to make ready for new occupants, developing a rolling programme of replacement furniture and other household goods.
- Providing support to the Fire Safety Officer (Security Liaison Officer) to ensure all fire safety measures are in place and up to date, and to manage team of fire wardens ensuring adequate training is provided.
- Translation and other general corporate service team tasks as required to assist covering absences and demanding periods.
- Support to Protocol Officer to action clearance papers for incoming goods promptly, and ensure any issues are flagged to D/HCS.
- With Transport Officer to keep fleet maintained to a high standard and to identify replacement of vehicles, providing support with Line Management issues.
- Lead and effectively line manage Accommodation Officer, Protocol Officer and Transport Officer, ensuring issues are resolved promptly, and supporting individual and team performance management. Making sure objectives are set and followed, and all performance reviews and appraisals are completed on time and in line with network/FCO performance management policy and best practice. Providing advice and support for their development.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Delivering Value for Money - Involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. It means seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
- Leading and Communicating - Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. It’s about supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all and a dedication to a diverse range of citizens.
- Must have excellent spoken and written English (minimum IELTs 7) and Farsi
- Experience of line managing staff
- Analytical, Organisational and Time Management Skills
- Estate and/or Facilities Management
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and ability to adapt to other systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer focus skills
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels
- Financial management, project management, procurement experience
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role. The salary is USD 2,544.22 (converted and paid in Iranian Rials at the market exchange rate) per month, and leave entitlement of 26 working days per year.
Conditioned working hours are 35 hours per week. Embassy working hours are from 07:30 to 14:30 from Sunday to Thursday.
Applicants must have permission to reside and work in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents in English when applying online:
1. A covering letter - detailing suitability and related work experience for the position and examples of how you met the required four key competences mentioned above in your previous roles.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or motivation section in the application form. Applications that do not include this information will be not be considered).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 26 August 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks. The standard probationary period for local staff will be applied.
The British Embassy Tehran is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.