View Vacancy - Residence Steward
Main purpose of job:
To lead and support the British High Commissioner’s household staff in providing excellent hospitality service standards.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
The jobholder is the head of Household staff at the Residence reporting to the Residence Manager and the role includes:
• Supporting the Residence team to ensure the successful delivery of a high level of hospitality service
• Serving meals and beverages at all official events as well as to the High Commissioner and his family on a daily basis (usually Mon-Fri).
• Ensuring that the formal dining tables are properly set with appropriate utensils to accommodate guests at official breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
• Leading additional wait staff in service delivery at events held at the Residence
• Greeting guests on arrival at the Residence attending official receptions and ensuring that they are made to feel welcome and accommodated with confidence and good communication.
• Collaborating with Staff to maintain the Residence at a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene particularly in the downstairs area of the Residence and also includes the cleaning of patios, storage facilities, windows, brass, silver, fans, and chandeliers throughout the Residence.
• Maintaining order in all additional functioning facilities including the cool room, service kitchen and storage facilities where a variety of supplies for official events are stored.
• Maintaining inventory of official alcohol in storage to facilitate reordering of supplies and creating bar lists to support alcohol requirements at events.
• Working flexibly with Residence staff, including sharing of the workload and cover absences on leave, to ensure the Residence maintenance and service standards are met at a high level.
• Working in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a hospitality role or as a member of domestic staff in a home involving significant guest entertainment.
Excellent communication skills in standard English.
Valid driver’s licence.
Basic accounting, computer and stock taking skills would be an asset.
The Residence supports the work of the British High Commission and seeks to project a positive image of the UK in Jamaica. The UK foreign policy objectives and interests at Post are supported through the hosting of official events, diplomatic breakfasts, receptions, lunches and dinners and the provision of accommodation for official visitors. The Household Service Provider must be committed to excellent hospitality service standards in order to achieve these goals. The Residence is also the home of the British High Commissioner to Jamaica and his family and the jobholder is committed to ensuring that the occupant’s household service requirements are met.
This opportunity is closed to applications.