View Vacancy - Internship with Political Team, Brativslava (SVK19.455)
The British Embassy in Slovakia is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for an Intern for the Political Section for a period of 3 months with a possibility of extension. The time frame is flexible and agreed upon successful interview between successful applicant and Line Manager.
The main purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the Political Team and contribute to the political reporting on policies covering the full breadth of the UK’s relationship with Slovakia.
You will work with an experienced team who will help you develop your skills in communication and teamworking, and your understanding of diplomacy and the UK’s relationship with Slovakia. You will also have a chance to learn about the work of British diplomatic missions and government ministries in London, as well as networking directly with a range of contacts from Slovakia’s political and business scene.
Roles and responsibilities
- Undertake analysis and research in support of the policy work of the Political section;
- Support the delivery of various Embassy projects;
- Attend various conferences and events and draft reports;
- Support the organisation of meetings of the Political team and visits from the UK;
- Provide administrative support to the Political Section as required.
- University student in a field of international relations or similar;
- Interest in politics and international relations;
- Fluency in English and Slovak, both written and spoken;
- Good team skills and a proven ability to work flexibly, collaboratively and under pressure with a range of colleagues and stakeholders;
- Willingness to undertake a variety of tasks, excellent organisational skills, self-motivated and proactive;
- Good critical thinking, drafting and analytical skills;
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
The Embassy in Bratislava has a flexible and friendly work environment that offers a good work life balance and growth opportunities. Staff benefit from additional public holidays where a mix of both Slovak and British holidays are awarded each year.
The internship will be conducted as a part-time job (18 hours a week), ideally half-days Monday to Friday. The exact hours will be discussed at the interview and will depend on the availability of the candidate. The internship is for a period of 3 months with a possibility of extension. The time frame is flexible and agreed upon successful interview between successful applicant and Line Manager.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Slovakia. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Slovakia are subject to terms and conditions of service according to Slovak Labour Law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.