View Vacancy - KL - Driver, S1
- Driving staff members to various locations in accordance with a daily schedule and due protocol
- Ensuring vehicles are driven safely and in accordance with road traffic regulations
- Ensuring that vehicles are maintained in a safe, roadworthy and hygienic condition
- Undertaking daily vehicle inspections and prompt reporting of faults and damage
- Undertaking assigned periods as Duty Driver to cover out-of-office hours driving tasks when required
- Assisting when required with general duties such as hand deliveries, office assistant, event set-up/break down, loading/unloading vehicles, hand deliveries, banking checks, paying bills etc.
- Possess a valid, Malaysian class D driving licence with at least 2 years experience
- Good knowledge of roads within Klang Valley
- Proficient in English language and fluent in Malay
- Physically fit
- Good time management skills
- Willing to work out-of-office hours when required
- Computer literate/Proficient in Microsoft office
- Additional driving qualifications
The British High Commission offers a competitive remuneration package, benefits, leave entitlement of 20 days per annum (calculated on pro rata basis) and works hard to provide L&D opportunities to staff. There are a wide range of options available for personal development including training courses, coaching and mentoring, job-shadowing, presentations and learning sets. Staff have access to a wide variety of online resources through the Diplomatic Academy and Civil Service Learning. The jobholder will be required to take some specific training courses related to their role. All new staff undertake a workplace induction and there are a number of mandatory e-learning courses covering areas such as diversity, health and safety, and information management.
The standard working hours for the BHC are 08:00 to 16:30. Due to the nature of the this job, flexible working is not suitable but paid overtime is available.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British High Commission are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain a valid work permit.
Please note that your application must be submitted before 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Indicated start date is provisional and subject to successful completion of reference and security checks.
Kindly check your application centre or email regularly for any update on the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.