View Vacancy - IT & Admin Support Officer (05/20 LOS) - AU
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delays in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption.
Main Purpose of the Job:
This is an exciting multi-hatted role at the heart of the British Deputy High Commission. Main responsibilities include providing administrative support to the Deputy Head of Mission and Head of Corporate Services; and joining the IT Support Officer Team to support all the teams at the British Deputy High Commission with general IT support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy Head of Mission and Head of Corporate Services (diary management, event planning and travel bookings)
- Support the Deputy Head of Mission with planning internal events for all teams at the British Deputy High Commission (BDHC) and with internal communications
IT Support Officer:
- Create, manage and upgrade IT accounts
- Manage distribution lists, WhatsApp groups and shared mailboxes
- Assist train BDHC staff on new software, such as Microsoft Teams
- Manage Lagos IT Helpdesk Mailbox and our internal customer service software, Lagos Enquirer
- Work closely with the IT Helpdesk at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office logging and managing calls and ensuring our Service Level Agreements are met
- Responsible for IT supplies and managing the IT equipment store, ensuring inventories are up to date and we have enough stock
- Set up and manage standalone IT terminals (systems not on our internal network) across the BDHC
- Help manage the move of IT equipment and systems from our current office to our new premises (from 2021)
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure):
- Manage the IT equipment store
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Microsoft Outlook, Office Online, SharePoint, Teams, Microsoft Excel, Flow, Microsoft Visio, OneNote, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Foundational understanding of Data Networking.
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Ability to touch type
- ITIL V4 Foundation certified
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The British Deputy High Commission in Lagos is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Nigeria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Country.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff are able to work within the BDHC but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted (It would be advantageous to hold or have held security clearance approved by the FCO)
This opportunity is closed to applications.