View Vacancy - NCA Office Manager B3 (05/21 ABJ)
Main Purpose of Job
The role will include managing all administrative elements of a busy NCA Office and providing support to the NCA Regional Manager and Country Liaison Officers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage, administer and assist in reconciling and balancing the pot and budgets
- Engage with FCDO procurement and other FCDO administrative partners
- Liaise with NCA Finance(UK)
- Seek VFM for the post, by engaging with external suppliers
- Plan and book travel arrangements for NCA, and external partners
- Assist other NCA projects in times of absence
- Collate, analyse and record budget spend and forecasts for post and projects
- Collate and file all request from Nigerian Law Enforcement partners and manage these with the NCA Liaison Officer
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure)
Staff responsibilities - to cover NCA driver management overtime, working patterns and absences.
Financial management as per ‘Duties and Responsibilities’.
- Familiar and competent with the use of all aspects of Microsoft Office in particular Word and Excel
- Experience working in an office environment, with some experience of office management
- Experience of financial and budget management
- Office manager experience
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The project will provide training based on the experience of the successful applicant.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening. Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.