View Vacancy - TWG Plumber/Building and Construction Charge Hand A1 (08/21 LOS)
Main purpose of job:
The Jobholder with the direction of the Estates Foreman will be responsible for all 1st Level and 2nd Level Metal Welding and Metal works within the BDHC Lagos Estates. Work with the Estates Foreman in the implementing of safe Metal works repairs and replacement of corroded metal frames as part of Post Compliance Report and Safe use of the Estates Aging metal works, fabricated metal works based on work request sent to the Estates Helpdesk.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Carries out line managing and onsite supervision duties of 2 technical works group Carpenters, 1 Masons, 1 Painters, and 3 Plumbers
- Quality checking all Plumbing related works request within the BDHC Lagos Estates
- Measures, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Installing and maintaining heating systems (including water heaters and piping’s)
- Repairing sanitary systems such water closet, bathtub, bath cubicle, tap heads etc.
- Fitting/installation of domestic appliances (such as dishwashers), water pipe lines for washing machine
- Fixing of bathrooms accessories and fitting
- Filling pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks(that is pressure testing of the installation)
- Complete and submit daily paper works on all associated Plumbing works request on a daily bases
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipefittings, using hand and power tools.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Supply of cooking gas to all British Deputy High Commissions residential properties
- Installation of domestic gas pipes for British Deputy High Commissions residential properties
- Carryout Planned Preventive Maintenance of all Plumbing fittings and accessories within the BDHC Lagos Estates as directed by the Estates Foreman
- Write all needed Risk Assessment and Methods statement prior to start of all associated Plumbing works
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by Estates Foreman
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
2 Carpenters, 1 Masons, 1 Painters and 3 Plumbers
- Previous work experience as a plumber with understanding of coper pipe installation(especially soldering method)
- Previous experience in the installation Kitchen wares, Toilet and Bathroom accessories
- Knowledge in writing and interpretation of Risk Assessments and Method Statement
- Full valid Nigerian driving licence and driving experience
- Desirable computer skills: MS word, Excel, Outlook
- Proficient good written and Oral English communication skills
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
Health and Safety training on working safely
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position
This opportunity is closed to applications.