View Vacancy - Travel Clerk (Maternity Cover) (04/22 ABJ)
Main purpose of job:
To support the effective day-to-day running of the OP TURUS travel desk, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with FCO policy and post regulations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Plan and run an efficient travel-booking scheme.
- Provides information concerning fares, availability of flights and accommodation.
- Provide excellent and efficient solutions to problems that may arise with travel bookings. Support to the overall OP TURUS travel unit within the budgeted resources.
- Provides answers about travel policies and processes.
- Confers with clients by telephone, writing or in person to answer questions regarding services and travel preferences.
- Process information-compiling, categorization, calculating, auditing and verifying data within the budgeted resources.
- Dispatch of official documents, Filing and Record Keeping
- Other duties as may be assigned by Line Manager.
- Previous experience in Travel administration e.g. in travel agent role.
- Customer service orientation and attention to details at all times.
- Experience of working in a Team to deliver a quality service in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritise.
- A good command of English language - both verbally and in writing.
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision. A positive attitude is essential.
- Good organisational skills - capable of working quickly and accurately.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Familiar with the principles and processes for flight and hotel bookings.
- Experience of working in a travel agency.
- Reliability and experience of working in security sector or with the military.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- If you don’t already hold a valid SA Police Clearance Certificate, we recommend that you apply for the certificate at the time of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.