View Vacancy - Driver OP TURUS Nigeria (02/22 LOS)
Main purpose of job:
To provide transport services for staff and visitors of OP TURUS Nigeria to and from assigned destinations within Lagos and Nigeria as a whole in a safe, efficient and courteous manner observing all road traffic rules and post security regulations. Perform administrative duties as may be required to support the effective running of Transport operations in the Nigeria Network.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive OP TURUS staff and visitors to meetings and functions within Lagos and Nigeria.
- Complete transport-booking requests and communicate effectively with customers and other stakeholders.
- Conduct Airport runs to pick up/drop off OP TURUS staff and visitors. Liaise with Airport officials as necessary.
- Undertake journeys to other states within Nigeria as necessary.
- Perform duties in line with post security regulations.
- Complete accurate journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles.
- Keep accurate records of vehicle mileage, fuel consumption and maintenance work/costs
- Perform daily inspections to ensure that all official vehicles are road worthy and in good working order.
- Wash/Clean official vehicles ensuring they are kept tidy and parked in a secured area.
- Complete vehicle inspection checklists and promptly report any defects, faults or incidents that occur to the OP TURUS Fleet Manager
- Check that all vehicle equipment and tools are secured safely and are functioning correctly
- Full valid Nigerian driving licence – Class E & G
- Minimum of 3 years verifiable previous driving experience
- Previous experience of driving Armoured Vehicles
- Must possess minimum of SSCE with 5 credits obtained in one sitting
- Experience of driving for other Embassies or NGOs and International Organisations.
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft Office tools.
- Reliability and experience of working in security sector or with the military.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
This opportunity is closed to applications.