View Vacancy - International Health Regulations Strengthening Project – Project Support Officer EO (30/23 ABJ)
Main purpose of job:
The post-holder will support the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) Official Development Assistance (ODA) funded International Health Regulations (IHR) Strengthening Project under the direction of the Higher Project Support Officer and the UKHSA Country Lead for Nigeria to ensure the coordination and delivery of identified outputs. The IHR Strengthening Project aims to contribute towards improving global health security through increased compliance with the IHR in selected countries and regions in Africa and Asia. The post holder will play a crucial role in supporting the various projects within the workplan agreed with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (NCDC), other government departments and stakeholders, ensuring activities are delivered efficiently and effectively.
The post holder will deliver a range of administrative, logistical and project co-ordination activities on behalf of the IHR Strengthening Project in Nigeria, enabling the delivery of expertise on the ground. The post holder must be fluent in English, have excellent organisational, prioritisation and coordination skills to meet complex logistical and operational deadlines. The post holder will provide support to the UKHSA Country Lead for Nigeria and the Technical Advisors, to ensure the coordination and delivery of identified outputs, playing a crucial role in supporting the various projects within the workplan with NCDC.
The post holder will have strong communication skills, be able to work in a team and independently. He/she must also be able to engage effectively and develop excellent working relationships with a wide range of individuals and stakeholders at local, national, and international levels. While the post will be based in Abuja, occasional national and international travel may be required.
Learning and development opportunities:
- On 1 October 2021 Public Health England officially became the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA)’.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate”.
This opportunity is closed to applications.