View Vacancy - Project Officer – NCA/CSSF Anti Kidnap Project (01/17 PHT) (Internal Job advert)
Main purpose of job:
The main function of this post is act as an project support officer providing operational support to the National Crime Agency Anti Kidnap & Extrotion Unit (AKEU) officer currently based in the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos, Nigeria
The sucesfull candidate will be expected to operate from the offices in BDHC, Port Harcout, Nigeria
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively both alone and within a team, at pace and collaborating with partners.
Appointments within the NCA require a high level of integrity and discretion. All candidates should be aware that this appointment is subject to security checks and clearance prior to appointment.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks including :
- Initial kidnap response and liaison
- Interaction and debriefing of recovered hostages in conjunction with AKEU officer
- Liaison with Nigerian Police Force Intelligence Response Team (Anti Kidnap)
- Liaison with other NCA offices, law enforcement partners and private sectors partners in writng and in person
- Liaison with consular section
- Maintenance of accurate records in relation to administrative procedures
- Maintain and update CSSF Project Asset Register
- Maintain and update records relating to CSSF AKEU training delivery
- Familiar with law enforcement processes
- Familiar with consular processes
- Good local and geographical knowledge of South/South area of Nigeria
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Understanding of FCO procurement and financial processes.
- The successful candidate will need to show flexibility over working hours, as these will on occasion be unsociable.
- Willingness to be available when required seven days a week
- The candidate will also have to travel to other states in the region/country from time to time.
Post subject to Uk Government Protective Marking scheme interview
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Port Harcourt are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Nigeria will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.