View Vacancy - Community Liaison Officer (CLO) A2 (06/17 LOS) position on hold
Main purpose of job:
The Community Liaison Officer (CLO) is an information point of contact for families, partners and staff prior to and on arrival at Post. On arrival the CLO assists UK based (including Home Office, SOCA, DFID & British Council) single staff, couples and families to integrate as smoothly as possible into life at Post. They also act as a continuing source of information, referral and support and provide effective communication on social matters within the Post.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting UK based staff and their dependants before, during and after arrival at Post by providing relevant information as appropriate. This includes an orientation tour on arrival.
- In liaison with the Estates Officer, ensure that staff accommodation is delivered on time and at an acceptable standard.
- Assist officers, their families and staff on temporary duty by providing confidential information on health and medical welfare at Post.
- Act as the main contact between Post and local schools. Arranging school monitoring visits, arrange registration where necessary. Point of contact for school bills, fee enquiries and bids for FCO education team.
- Compile and issue monthly Newsletter to all staff. Co-ordinating the annual updating of the Post Report and the Post Fact Sheet.
- Completion of the bi-annual ECA Cost of Living (COLA) survey and other returns as required.
- Liaising with DSFA and submission of various data/information as required. Maintain contact with CLO co-ordinator and the CLO world-wide network. Liaise with other Diplomatic Missions in Lagos and maintain contact with British Women’s Group and the British Council.
- Attend the following committee meetings - Post Housing committee, Lagos Joint Post Management Board (LJPMB), International Mother & Child Playgroup based at the Kingfisher Club (KFC).
- Ad-hoc responsibilities as required by LM
Previous experience of working within an office environment, good keyboard skills, familiarity with computers and software packages (notably MS Word, Excel and outlook) is desirable.
The CLO should be familiar with the facilities and resources available in and around Ikoyi and Victoria Island. They should have good oral and written communication skills. Being a good listener, approachable, discreet, sympathetic, able to respect confidences is pertinent in this role
This is a fixed term renewable contract for 12 months. There is one part-time position working
20 hours per week (exact timing will be agreed with successful applicant). As there are 2 CLO positions in BDHC, the successful candidate will be required to cover during absences and vice versa.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
Learning and development opportunities:
- Appropriate L & D will be provided when the candidate starts
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Nigeria will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.