View Vacancy - Estates Clerical Support Officer (06/17 ABJ)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job:
To provide support Administrative to Estate and Facilities Team
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Manage Estate help desk :-
- Upload and register work request from Estate Helpdesk
- Respond to enquiries and maintain all record of work requests and file them for audit purposes
- Liaise with contracted cleaning supervisor on office cleaning
- Manage Staff reservations and bookings on sharedpoint for the club, training suites, and meeting rooms
- circulate bound copies of white goods manual to residents
- Provide cover for TWG Helpdesk,
- Log requests and provide feedback to the customers
- Data input of maintenance costs on to spreadsheet
2. Estate Functions
- Record and monitor all Estate Leave leave forms and updates onto excel spreadsheet
- Supervise meeting room set-up
- Domestic Float preparation as assigned by the FM
- Receipt drinking water supplies into the store and monitor distribution (office use)
- Buy cleaning materials and ensure they are delivered into the store
- Ensure soft furnishing is lundered
- Oversee Sparklean cleaning rota
- Raise Cleaning materials requisition and receive on Prism
- Raise Estate Stationery requisition and receive on Prism
- Other routine Administrative duties as assigned by FM
- Good communication skills, computer literacy(Word &excel)
- Fluent in English
- Must have good customer service skills coupled with an ability to handle difficult customers.
- Experience in working in an International Organisation
- Previous experience in estates management
Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
9 June 2017
British High Commission
1 July 2017
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Nigeria will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
This opportunity is closed to applications.