View Vacancy - Electrician (11/17 ABJ)
Main purpose of job:
Hands-on Electrician to carry out effective day to day maintenance work, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, new installation and construction works.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist TWG team to attend to work requests on regular basis as it affects the mission’s operations.
- Follow FCO health & safety standards in regular works, also ensuring compliance with all TWG work practices and policies.
- Assist TWG team to complete planned preventive maintenance (PPM) works and meet the deadline as per our Calendar schedule.
- Attend to all Ad hoc tasks delegated by Building Services Manager (BSM) and provide updates on the same.
- Carry out daily routine inspection and maintenance of all electrical panels and Distribution boards.
- Routine and corrective maintenance of all small power outlets.
- Carry out routine Inspection and maintenance of Generators, ATS, and LV Stabilisers etc.
- Carry out routine Inspection and maintenance of building elevators (lift) and fire system.
- Carry out routine Inspection and maintenance of all fan coil units and room thermostats.
- Conduct weekly test on fire alarm system.
- Responsible for all Energy Isolation and De-Isolation during maintenance.
- Read and interpret blueprints or Electrical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems.
- Install, maintain or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
- Routine inspection and maintenance of electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers.
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
- Follow the building regulations based on British standard.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical system.
- Install safety and distribution component such as switches, sensors, resistors, circuit breakers, relays and other electronics components
- Prepare and assemble conduit both galvanize and PVC and connect wiring through them.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components.
- Electrical Labour Trade Test 1, 2, & 3 (Ministry of Labour & Productivity Certificate of Competence).
- Minimum of 3 years experience providing Electrical maintenance and installation services in Multi-complex Office buildings.
- Possess 2 and 4 wheel vehicle driving license.
- Computer literate – Word, Outlook (email) and Excel.
- Trained Watford 1500kVa Stabiliser maintenance personnel.
- Experience maintaining MCC panels.
- Experience maintaining DDC Panels
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
This opportunity is closed to applications.