View Vacancy - Residence Assistant- Kaduna (01/17 KDN)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Main purpose of job:
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day to day running of the Kaduna Residence. This should have been in liaison with a Residence Manager but in the absence of one will be reporting to the Corporate Services Officer and supported by the Residence Manager in Abuja.
Roles and responsibilities
- To manage, coordinate and supervise the Residence team to ensure the upkeep, smooth and efficient running of the Residence.
- Act as the focal point for the planning, organisation and coordination of all events held at the residence.
- Coordinate through the Residence Assistant all maintenance requests to ensure that issues are quickly addressed.
- Support the Residence Assistant in managing accommodation requests.
- Managing the Residence booking list.
- Co-ordinating British High Commission functions held at the Kaduna Residence.
- Answering telephone calls and receiving visitors.
- Liaising with the contract cleaners on the day to day management of the Residence.
- Dealing with customer queries in the Office Manager’s absence.
- Weekly Inspection of the Residence and Grounds
- Provide Line Management responsibility to 4 Residence staff.
Daily signing of all the log books with guards
- To prepare monthly budget spend and submit to budget holders
- To submit supplier’s invoice monthly for payments.
- Oversee the stock in the miscellaneous store.
- Managing the cashbox and completing the NPA spreadsheet.
- Other duties as tasked.
- Good accounting skills
- Good Administrative and drafting skills.
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in managing a small team.
22 November 2017
Administrative Assistant (AA)
British High Commission
N 263, 239
18 December 2017
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Kaduna are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
This opportunity is closed to applications.