View Vacancy - Trade Services Officer (06/18 LOS)
Main purpose of job:
The job holder will work in the British Deputy High Commission Office in Lagos as part of the Department of International Trade’s (DIT) Africa Trade Services Unit (TSU). They will report to the TSU West Africa Manager based in Lagos. The TSU exists to provide simplified and standardised services to British Companies looking to export to the whole of Africa. The job holder will be responsible for the delivery of Chargeable Services delivered across West Africa.
Chargeable Services (also known as OMIS – the Overseas Market Introduction Service) include the scope of any services required by British Businesses looking to export to Africa. The service can vary from providing market research, introductions to contacts in-market (including visit programmes) and delivering networking receptions and other events.
The jobholder will be responsible for the delivery of services, as tasked by the TSU West Africa Manager. They will be required to deliver within the TSU team, collaborating closely with regional colleagues across DIT West Africa . They will work closely with the Africa Public Engagement and Communications (APEC) officer on the delivery of events.
The job holder will need to work collaboratively with colleagues across other UK departments in Africa, including DFID, The Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the Ministry of Defence and the British Council. They will also need to actively engage external stakeholders in the Private Sector and host Governments.
Roles and responsibilities
Take full ownership of queries allocated by the TSU Manager, ensuring prompt contact with the company and timely agreement of a workplan. Services delivered to a high standard and on time, with open lines of communication maintained with the company at all times. Once the service is delivered, the job holder will also be required to follow-up with the company to ensure, (i) they’re happy with the service delivered, (ii) to enquire as to their progress in market (with a view to recording Export Wins), (iii) to maintain the relationship with the company and support them expand further into Africa.
- Provide prompt and fact-checked feedback on trade queries allocated by the TSU West Africa Manager.
- Planning and delivering on requests for market research, warmed-up contacts, introductions to local partners (including support for market visits), delivery of events (in liaison with the APEC Team), and any other chargeable services/support required from British Companies doing business in Africa
- Uploading entries such as significant assists and interactions weekly into the Customer Database Management System (CDMS).
- Providing administrative support for the section
- Degree in a business related/ social sciences
- 2 + years experience of working in a commercial environment
- Strong client engagement skills
- Strong IT skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of French language
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.