View Vacancy - Deputy Transport Manager (12/18 ABJ) INTERNAL ONLY
Main purpose of job:
To support the effective day to day running of BHC Abuja’s transport team, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with FCO policy and post regulations
Roles and responsibilities
- Manage all transport booking requests for the 1HMG Network in Abuja providing a courteous and efficient service for over 300 staff and visitors, including fleet management and deployment of 60+ vehicles.
- Line manage transport staff and prepare job rosters for a combined pool of 25 drivers using improved electronic booking systems, new driver shift patterns and ensure daily maintenance checks on vehicles are properly documented in line with post regulations.
- Lead liaison with 1HMG officers and FCO drivers based at BHC Abuja’s subordinate posts in Kano, Kaduna, Enugu and Maiduguri on all Transport matters.
- Provide first line support and engagement to a range of transport customers/stakeholders, responding adequately to general enquiries and feedback (including complaints) promptly and professionally.
- Undertake a range of financial duties for the Transport section and assist the Transport Manager in budget management, forecasting, procurement planning, checking claims, accurate customer billing, record keeping and periodic reporting on all invoices and expenditure.
- Provide senior management with Management Information (MI) on the Transport Section’s operations to enable timely reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and improved customer communication.
- Assist with the planning and co-ordination of logistical arrangements for VIP visits and up-country journeys in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Substitute for the B3 Transport Manager during absences and undertake an extensive range of those duties.
- Previous experience in Transport or Logistical Management
- Experience of managing a large team to deliver a quality service in a high pressure environment
- A good command of English language - both verbally and in writing.
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills - capable of working quickly and accurately
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
- Relevant training records / certificates in Transport, General Administration, Customer Services.
- Familiar with the Nigerian transport system and the Abuja road networks
- Possess a valid driver’s licence
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening. Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.