View Vacancy - Finance Intern (02/19 LOS)
Main purpose of job:
To assist the Accounts Department in all department related functions.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Data capturing off all Electrical, plumbing, building and renovation expenditure on all BDHC properties.
- Assist in handing of daily cash transactions ( payments and receipts)
- Liaising with Procurement department on invoices processed in accounts department
- General filling for Accounts section and Procurement section
- Assisting the accountant with all other issues
- First degree in finance or Accounting
Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.