View Vacancy - BMATT Nigeria Team Assistant - A1 (21/19 ABJ)
Main purpose of job:
To provide general administrative support to the entire BMATT Nigeria Team, perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support the BMATT office; ranging from operating office equipment, visa applications, booking of hotels and flights, filing and dispatching, mail sorting, stationery replenishments any other administrative tasks to support the effective and efficient day-to-day running of the team, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with FCO policy and post regulations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing front office support, greet visitors courteously, provide them with needed information or direct them to appropriate personnel.
- Handling and Maintenance of Inward/Outward mail registers.
- Filing (hard copy and electronic) and dispatch of documents.
- Manage office stationeries and office supplies while ensuring they are updated and sufficient.
- Ensure mail is collected and circulated promptly to appropriate recipients.
- Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs.
- Anticipate fuel demand for the office generator and water requirements.
- Assist in monitoring MOD UK courses cycle for efficient and timely delivery and assistance to the Nigerian Armed Forces.
- Assist in completing admin requirements for MOD UK sponsored courses and supervise travel and visa bookings for Nigerian Military personnel attending such courses.
- Supervise cleaning staff and ensure tidiness of the general office area to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Updating Records, organise and manage relevant databases.
- Assist with making travel arrangements for team members.
- Running errands for entire Team.
- Monitor the day-to-day administrative requirements to ensure smooth workflow and efficiency.
- Delivery of general office support (photocopy, scan, fax and telephone)
- Proficient in the use of English language (writing, speaking, listening and reading)
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline.
- Computer literate – Good in use of Word, Email and Excel packages
- Ability to perform a full range of administrative support services.
- Ability to learn fast on the job.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet.
- Ability to work in a high/fast paced team
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to deal effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- A positive attitude is essential and willingness to undertake a variety of tasks in a very busy team.
- Good organisational and analytical skills - capable of working quickly and accurately.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks.
- Previous administrative & clerical knowledge
- Previous experience working with an Embassy, International Organisation and/or NGO.
- Reliability and experience of working in security sector reform or with the military.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
This opportunity is closed to applications.