View Vacancy - AUH - Regional HR Assistant A1(L)
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for a Regional HR Assistant under the Middle East and North Africa HR Hub.
The Regional HR Assistant will provide administrative support to the Regional Recruitment, Pay and Benefits, and HR Advisory teams, helping them to deliver services to the MENA region in accordance with the SLA and KPI targets. He/ She will work closely with the Regional Recruitment, HR Advisory, Pay and Benefits Teams, and with the Regional HR Hub Team Leader.
The Regional HR Assistant will also be responsible for the maintenance of various MI systems and production of relevant reports as directed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor incoming emails and flagging internal correspondence e.g., from hiring managers for the attention of the relevant Recruitment Officers
- Follow up calls for interview scheduling and assessment (when required)
- Assist with reference checks
- Maintain the Recruitment Tracker with up to date information
- Other administrative support
– Administration of the HR Information System (Prism)
- HR administrator of HR information systems, processing HR data change requests, creating and terminating records following service level agreement targets
- Production of MI reports as directed using Microsoft Office suite
- Other administrative support as required
– HR enquiries
- Log and organise the HR enquiries received through telephone or email, flagging them to the attention of the relevant team
- Ensure that enquiries are appropriately logged on the SharePoint website so that the relevant information is captured and the relevant Officer is aware
- Produce reports and information as required by the Head of Hub
- Other ad-hoc administrative tasks, for example ordering stationery, managing HR Direct Telephone, and providing assistance during meetings and/ events
- Arranging travel and accommodation for official travel of Hub staff members
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Key competencies required:
- Seeing the Big Picture - Having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives.
- Delivering at Pace – Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Managing a Quality Service – Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Planning effectively, organising and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service.
- Collaborating and Partnering – Creating and maintaining positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Very proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint especially, but full knowledge of other Microsoft Products (i.e., Visio) would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English language (both oral and written).
- A team player who is capable of working on their initiative and who is adaptable to changing priorities. Must be able to work and act with minimum supervision.
- Excellent customer care skills and the ability to respond to a range of customers' needs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Human Resources experience, either work or study
- An HR qualification would be an advantage
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site parking and on-site swimming pool, gymnasium, and sports facilities.
Salary is at AED 8,526 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday.
Applicants must be current residents of the UAE and with a valid Emirates ID.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents along with their online application form:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or in the Motivation section of the application form. Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is at 11:55 PM UAE local time on 25 October 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted. Preference will be given to candidates with exceptional IT skills and there will be an assessment of those skills which will determine if a candidate goes forward for an interview.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce, and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.