View Vacancy - Post Security Manager, Brasilia
Main purpose of job:
To lead and manage the security team (supported by the Security Supervisors); to provide first point of contact for security matters in Brasilia; to oversee and manage protective security systems, equipment and procedures. To build a culture of security awareness and motivate a large guarding team ensuring they are trained and professional.
- Manage and directly supervise seven guards on the team
- With the assistance of the Regional Security Manager (RSM) and supervisors, ensure the Guard Force is adequately trained and receive development opportunities. Arrange annual training in Brasilia.
- Provide general advice on physical and procedural security matters.
- Supervise and, where necessary, arrange maintenance of security fences, gates and other barriers.
- Oversee all access control arrangements.
- Conduct periodic patrols and security checks of the Embassy compound, including outside normal working hours.
- Assist the RSM in conducting periodical physical security checks of UK-based staff residences, including security surveys before purchase or leasing. Conduct security surveys on hotels where necessary.
- In conjunction with the RSM and supervisors, liaise with the local police and security authorities and security staff at other friendly diplomatic Missions.
- Account for, be able to operate and arrange maintenance of security equipment (metal detector arches, X-ray scanners, etc).
- Prepare monthly reports on matters of security interest, including incident returns to interested parties.
- Conduct practices of emergency response drills and fire / incident/ evacuation alarm tests.
- Supervise the operation and testing of the local emergency radio network(s).
- Maintain a record of locks and keys
- Ensure the Guard Force examine all mail for improvised explosive devices, chemical or other threats and are properly trained in the scanners operation.
- Manage the local security expenditure budget (equipment, uniforms, etc).
- Arrange monthly catch ups with the wider security team including Team Leaders
- Cover for the ROSM in his absence leading on network security
- 7 security guards
- Security equipment budget
Roles and responsibilities:
An improvement in security culture at the British Embassy Brasilia
Maintenance and improvement of security investments across the estate in Brasilia
To lead on security for the network in the ROSM’s absence
To build an inclusive culture amongst S band staff through regular catch ups and meetings
Essential on arrival: Management experience, minimum of 3 years’ experience in private or public sector security
Desirable: Customer service, local knowledge of Brazil security situation, membership of professional security body
Learning and development opportunities :
Security training (annual)
Regional security conferences (every 2 years with travel)
Brazil travel: job swaps / shadowing
This opportunity is closed to applications.