View Vacancy - Diplomatic Academy Finance Manager
What we do:
The Diplomatic Academy is the home of all Learning and Development for the FCO. The Academy is by staff, for staff, and it is for everyone: all grades; UK-based; Local Staff; anyone supporting the UK's international work. It aims to capture the wealth of expertise and knowledge from around our network and make it accessible to all. We aspire to learning that is aligned to FCO priorities, accessible, innovative and inclusive. The Academy has 12 Faculties, led by thematic experts, as well as Regional Teams (aka DARTs) overseas that support our international network.
Main purpose of job:
To manage the Academy’s budget, working with budget holders to ensure full spend aligned with business priorities.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Day-to-day oversight of Diplomatic Academy budgets, ensuring accurate monthly spend profiles are entered on to the FCO’s financial planning and budgeting tool (Hyperion)
- Working with budget holders to understand any significant differences between actual spend and forecasts and submitting appropriate commentaries
- Ensuring Finance Directorate colleagues in London have the information they need for their monthly Key Performance Reports
- Raising requisitions on behalf of the Diplomatic Academy
- Helping to draft Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) bids, setting out a clear justification for the Academy’s bid for funds
- Compiling and entering quarterly Medium Term Financial Plan returns on Hyperion
- Supporting and covering for the DARTs’ network coordinator (also based in New Delhi)
- Flexible support as required for other Diplomatic Academy work/priorities, including in support of the Projects Team
- Maintain global Financial Performance and Compliance Indicators
- Promote best practice amongst Diplomatic Academy staff, issue budget guidance, and support colleagues in understanding how to manage budgets effectively
Essential on arrival:
Budget experience and in depth knowledge of Excel. Strong written and verbal communication skills
Level of language required: Extensive
For BHC candidates, the LE BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, Basic Salary will be Rs.57,904/- per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Special Allowance/ Superannuation Fund.
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family (If not already covered under the FCO medical insurance policy).
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered.
(a) Complete the Job Application Form
(b) Attach Statement of Suitability (no more than 1 page of A4) setting out why you are the suitable person for this role. Your statement should include clear examples of how you meet the key competences.
(c) Attach a detailed CV
We will accept only online applications. Please send in your online applications by 23rd October 2018 (Midnight)
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone or email enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
Please note: Job offers from the UK Government:
- The UK Government, including UK Trade and Investment, does not send unsolicited emails with job offers - either direct or through agents. Government vacancies are advertised on official websites in the UK:www.careers-civilservice.gov.uk or in India on the British High Commission’s website.
- All British High Commission vacancies are filled through a competitive process managed by our Human Resources Section. You will never be approached directly by the High Commissioner with an offer of a job.
Some job scams falsely use the names and job titles of genuine High Commission staff. A genuine email from an official member of staff will always be sent from our official email address - @fco.gov.uk. It will never be sent from a hotmail or yahoo type email account
This opportunity is closed to applications.