View Vacancy - Political intern - São Paulo
Main purpose of job:
To provide administrative and research support to the Political Team in the British Consulate in São Paulo, with a particular focus on Brazilian politics and visits.
This is a challenging position within the Political Team at the British Consulate. The successful candidate will have the chance to work face-to-face with diplomats and official visitors, and be involved in the diplomatic life of the UK Mission in Brazil. He/she will make a real difference to the Political Team at an important moment in the development of UK-Brazil relations.
Roles and responsibilities:
To provide administrative support to Political team at the British Consulate-General in São Paulo.
• Provide research and administrative support to the Political team in the British Consulate-General in São Paulo, and more broadly to the Brazil Network, focused on Brazilian politics. Occasionally attend events or conferences (within working hours) and write reports on them for colleagues.
• Provide support for projects and events. Responsibilities include arranging meetings, booking venues, setting up events (branding, catering, etc.), coordinating mailing lists, sending and following up on invitations, etc.
• Provide support on policy monitoring. Responsibilities include writing briefs on local government/stakeholders, monitoring local political news.
• Assist in the ad hoc organisation of visits to and from the UK and Brazil, including arranging logistics around accommodation, transport, and support on briefing packs and meetings.
Essential on arrival:
• Be a student in Political Science, International Relations, Communications, Management, Law or other related disciplines.
• Have good IT skills.
• Be proactive, with strong organisational, communication, customer service, and team-working skills.
• Have very strong command of written and spoken English and Portuguese.
• Interested in the bilateral relations between Brazil and the United Kingdom.
• Previous experience with research and written reports would be an advantage.
• A good understanding of Brazilian politics and the Brazilian legal system would be a strong advantage.
This opportunity is closed to applications.