View Vacancy - JKT - Community Liaison Officer A2(L)
Main purpose of job:
The Community Liaison Officer is an information point of contact for UK based officers, their families, partners and staff not yet at Post. The CLO assists UK based single staff, couples and families before and on arrival; acts as a continuing source of information, referral and support and also provides effective communication on social matters within the Post.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Information gathering for families, partners and officers (including those not yet at post), as well as for the FCO and DSFA, on spouse/partner employment and training, children’s education, recreational facilities, social matters and cost of living. Resource management of welcome pack, post report, CLO intranet pages.
Welfare at post – including welcoming single officers, couples and families as well as officers on temporary duty, to ensure as smooth an integration as possible into the post community; following up to check that the settling in process is working; being a source of referral and support where questions, problems and difficulties arise. Organising periodic social activities for spouses, families and staff.
Advocate for UK based staff and dependants in addressing issues of importance with post authorities; act as their representative on post security, management, crisis and housing committees; act as the chief link between post and the DSFA in London.
Communications – communicating effectively on community and social matters within the post (to both UK based and local staff); produce a weekly CLO e-newsletter on community news and events; develop and liaise with a network of external community contacts, including CLOs of other missions, schools, community groups and medical facilities; support other members of the global CLO network via an intranet.
The ideal candidate will have direct and current experience of diplomatic life. He/she will be able to demonstrate excellent people skills, be a good listener and understand the importance of discretion. Excellent judgement and a positive approach to the challenges of life in Jakarta will also be essential.
- Sound oral and written communication skills;
- Able to establish a network of contacts and information sources both locally and in the UK;
- Initiative to solve problems, raise matters of concern and seek guidance where necessary;
- Able to organise workload to meet the needs of newly arriving officers, their partners and families in a timely and effective way.
- Able to use Microsoft Office
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities
- Regulatory Delivery will run an induction programme which will provide in depth skills development and the necessary knowledge of regulatory reform techniques. It is envisaged that the intensive training programme would take up to 4 weeks and will be UK – based. Programme management training will be available through the Prosperity Fund as well as access to wider job-relevant learning to support personal and professional development (e.g. access to the FCO’s on-line Diplomatic Academy).
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. In relation to this, the successful candidate will need to arrange for his/her own Police Certificate.
All applications must be received before 28 October 2018 23:55 Jakarta Time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.