View Vacancy - DXB - Assistant to the FCLO A2(L)
The British Embassy in Dubai has a vacancy for an Assistant to the Fiscal Crime Liaison Officer (FCLO).
The successful candidate will join a regional team working at the forefront of the fight against organised crime, tax fraud, and international money laundering. Reporting to the Office Manager, the jobholder will provide the essential office support functions enabling the Fiscal Crime Liaison Officer (FCLO) and regional team to operate effectively.
The jobholder will play a pivotal role in facilitating the flow of data between UK-based investigators and key partners within UAE and wider region’s law-enforcement community. They will manage incoming enquiries linked to criminal investigations and make formal requests for assistance from host agencies. They will compile and disseminate intelligence reports for UK investigation teams, taking into account case priorities, sensitivities, and requirements of UK legislation.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and a practical approach to multi-tasking and problem solving, as well as the ability to quickly grasp complex legal issues. They will develop an understanding of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) strategic priorities on fiscal crime and how we are working to promote them within the GCC. They will be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the needs of criminal investigators in the UK and convey relevant information to them clearly and efficiently in support of their work. This is a highly administrative role that requires strong customer service experience working to support two Fiscal Crime Officers and one Regional Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support to the FCLO
- Gathering sources of information using a number of local official and non-official systems and databases.
- Managing, sharing, and processing information within the region using best practice.
- Maintain and develop new contacts within host agencies.
- Provide advice and act as a pathway between host law enforcement and the UK Desk.
- Contributing to the achievement of both HMRC and British Embassy objectives.
- Attending operational and other meetings in support of the FCLO.
- To analyse and interpret intelligence, and adding value by using local knowledge and cultures.
- Requesting information and Checks of intelligence.
- Evaluating Risk Assessment & logging information and maintaining database and spreadsheets.
- Arrange and attend events & visits.
- Completion of Returns
- Arrange and attend VTCs.
- Management of Asset Registers & Inventory.
- EOI Spreadsheet.
- Collation of MI and all other information for dissemination to the relevant authority.
- Records Management and Retention.
- Adapting old practices and finding new ways of working. Flexible response to the dynamics of the role.
- Take part in the Embassy emergency planning and any response to a Crisis affecting UK citizens.
- Project management support
- Recording of accounts/ budgets for training projects.
- Liaising with UK support staff and trainers to ensure value for money and cost effective budgeting for all projects.
- Correspondence with the UK for payment of Trainers’ travel and subsistence allowances.
- General administration
- Oversee office systems, computer administration responsibilities, records and equipment.
- Diary and travel management of team personnel, including reservations for flights, hotel accommodation, and car hire as and when required.
- Provide high levels of customer service to the FCLO Office.
- Management of fleet vehicles for servicing and annual re-registration.
- Regular update of database of contacts for official functions including the Queen’s Birthday Party invitations.
- Ensuring the secure return of post through the official post to the UK.
- Liaise with other Embassy departments including Corporate Services department on all office and home maintenance repairs.
Key competencies required:
- Managing a Quality Service - Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.
- Collaborating and Partnering - Creating and maintaining positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Making Effective Decisions - Being objective; using sound judgement, evidence, and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice and evaluating options before arriving at well-reasoned justifiable decisions.
- Previous experience in administration/ office management support or similar position requiring a high level of personal organisation.
- Excellent IT skills including literacy in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and an active interest to ensure constant improvement in making effective use of IT.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English.
- An adaptable self-starter with enthusiasm and energy able to work alone as well as in a team.
- Strong personal integrity and knowledge of secure data handling, retention and storage procedures.
- The ability to understand competing priorities, anticipating challenges, and able to show discretion in handling any sensitive matters, with the trust of all involved.
- Results driven with attention to deadlines and outputs.
- Previous experience of working in the UAE and an understanding of local government procedures.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site parking and on-site swimming pool, gymnasium, and sports facilities.
Salary is at AED 11,108 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday. However, the successful candidate should also be prepared to work from 09:00 to 16:00 on a rotation basis. There may also be requirement for travel for training and as well as occasional travel within the GCC Region.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain the necessary security clearance. Higher clearances can be granted only to certain nationalities. For this reason, candidates must be of British, American, Australian, Canadian, or New Zealand nationality in order to gain the level of clearance required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents along with their online application form:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or in the Motivation section of the application form. Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is at 11:55 PM UAE local time on 29 October 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Dubai is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.