View Vacancy - Corporate Services and Media Officer
Support UK priorities by providing administrative and corporate service support to the Governor and Governor’s Office staff. Lead on Governor and Governor’s Office social media presence including on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and British Government sites.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Administrative support to the Governor’s Office team. Post Accountant - prepare and submit monthly accounts. Act as the Office Health and Safety rep - manage all aspects of maintenance visits and subsequent reports and recommendations and ensure all laws, rules and regulations are complied with. Manage the movement of official mail to the UK and the testing of emergency communications equipment.
- Provide professional frontline service to anyone contacting the Governor’s Office via phone or email, including dealing with many highly emotional and stressful situations involving both residents and visitors to Cayman. Queries can include urgent visa and passport enquiries often linked to medical emergencies overseas. Draft relevant responses on behalf of the Governor and Governor’s Office. Occasionally represent the Governor’s Office externally in meetings and events with a wide range of senior stakeholders.
- Lead on logistics for all inward visits to the Cayman Islands by UK Officials, Ministers and others.
- Digital communications lead for Governor and Governor’s Office. Produce and upload high quality content to extend Governor’s reach across Cayman and build his reputation. Identify opportunities for high impact. Work with Comms strategy lead to improve output. Produce press releases and press conference lines. Draft Governor’s speeches and remarks as necessary and attend some events with Governor to capture images and content.
- Lead on UK Chevening alumni relationship (UK funded scholarship scheme to study a Master’s Degree in a UK university).
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders to provide diplomatic aircraft clearance.
- Support Head of the Governor’s Office with bi-annual Honours submissions.
- Act as the Learning and Development Champion for Governor’s Office.
- Deliver effective records management for Governor’s Office in accordance with Cayman Islands and UK laws.
- High standards of personal integrity and discretion
- Experience in administrative work
- Excellent organisational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English - empathetic and compassionate whilst remaining professional
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work independently, but also with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider teams
- Digital media skills
- Excellent IT skills
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) has an excellent reputation for training provision. There will be an in-depth induction course to complete as well as specific training in the main areas of work including IT and Finance.
Office hours are 0800-1630.
Occasional out of hours work supporting the Governor.
Security clearance will be required for the role
This opportunity is closed to applications.