View Vacancy - E-Commerce Trade Adviser (ITA131)
The British Consulate in Milan is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. The Italy Network is looking for a E-Commerce Trade Adviser role to integrate the Department of International Trade (DIT), based in Milan.The UK Government is revamping its export strategy in order to meet its high-level goals of doubling the number of UK exporters by 2020.
As part of this, a more strategic focus is being introduced in key export sectors in important overseas markets. This includes the Consumer & Retail sector in Italy where we are promoting a high-value priority trade campaign. This is an exciting time to be joining the team. The UK Consumer & Retail sector is performing strongly in Italy. So there are great opportunities to exploit.
The E-Commerce Trade Adviser should have:
A sound understanding of the knowledge and experience of working with or selling via international e-Marketplaces.
Full understanding of the drivers and challenges of cross border trade and how companies need to adapt their business model to grasp this growing opportunity.
The individual needs experience of account managing companies, and it would be desirable if they have recent experience of negotiating preferential rates to the benefit of UK industry.
The ideal jobholder might be currently working in an e-commerce or digital capacity (with a minimum of 3 years’ recent experience) either agency or corporate side providing digital and e-commerce advice, coupled with the drive and ambition to take this experience to the next level.
An all-rounder that is equally comfortable discussing client business objectives, as well as the available commercial channels, technology options and digital export solutions.
You are a self-starter who has a proven track record of working in successful project teams and are excited about working in a stretched role against challenging timeframes.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design and lead a strategic e-commerce initiative to grow the value of UK exports in the Consumer & Retail sector in Italy, working with the Senior Campaign Manager
- To provide high-quality advice to UK companies on how to penetrate the Italian market, including identifying market opportunities, via e-commerce.
- Pursue partnering with local companies and institutions in e-commerce and related technology areas wishing to collaborate with the UK on supplying to local and global markets.
- Organise trade campaigns events, such as participation in exhibitions, trade missions, seminars, etc and outward visits of Italian personnel to the UK.
- Manage relevant information sources and reports on activity in accordance with DIT procedures, including accurate recording of projects on DIT's management systems.
- Work closely with wider UK Consulate staff and DIT London to identify export business opportunities for UK companies., Building and maintaining a network of working-level contacts across government, industry and academia in the region to help promote UK capability.
- Excellent command (both oral and written) of English and Italian, Common European Framework level C1 or above (or equivalent). In order to work effectively and independently as part of a bilingual team.
- Ability to work effectively and supportively with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider team. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond flexibly to changing priorities.
- Good sense of organisation and communication.
- Excellent understanding of Italian business dynamics.
- E-Marketplaces and other digital sales channels including own websites and flash sales sites.
- Market research using online tools.
- Local culture, logistics, taxes, search and social media.
- Social listening and influencer engagement.
- Google Analytics –Google Consumer Barometer –Google global Market finder.
- Competitor analysis tools.
- Online Marketing (Pay Per Click / Search Engine Optimisation / Affiliate Marketing.
- Digital & Social Marketing.
- User experience – Customer Journeys.
This is a full-time fixed-term position with a contract of 24 months. The contract will be reviewed towards the end of the term with a possibility of extending the same for an additional 12 months. The monthly gross salary is Euro 2,802.00. The salary is paid monthly 14 times per year including € 10.33 EDR paid 13 times per year.
Working hours are 35 hrs per week Monday to Friday 09.00-17.00. Some degree of flexibility is expected.
The appointment is subject to security clearance and the successful completion of a four month probationary period.
All staff employed by the British Embassy are subject to Italian income tax rate deductions (IRPEF). However the administration of these tax payments will vary depending on nationality.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Italian State Social Security Scheme.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General Milan are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Italian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.