View Vacancy - Accommodation Messenger / Porter (TUR156)
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to hire a permanent Accommodation Messenger / Porter. This position will support our Accommodation Officer and Assistant. The ideal candidate will be efficient in multi tasking and will have effective team working skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accommodation Messenger / Porter duties:
- Carrying and moving of furniture and household goods;
- Assisting/guiding cleaners in residential properties (may be required to clean in residential properties on rare occasions);
- Assisting/guiding service providers when moving and assembling furniture;
- Supporting Accommodation Officer in organisation/co-ordination of furniture store and supply of furniture incoming and outgoing to residential properties;
- Provide assistance to Accommodation Assistant when necessary;
- Preparing, checking and updating furniture inventories for residential properties;
- Handling payments to suppliers, payments of utility bills;
- Use of simple computer database on IT system, updating inventories.
2. Any Ad-hoc support officer / porter duties to support the Corporate Services team;
3. Driving duties
- Complete high school degree;
- Reasonable command of spoken English and native Turkish;
- A driving license as the ability and willingness to drive is essential;
- Ability to comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions;
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks to an agreed standard.
This is a full-time permanent contract, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The annual salary for this position is 32,409.60 TL gross, S2 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Consulate will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.