View Vacancy - HK - Regional Manager (Northern Ireland Trade & Investment)
The job holder will be Invest Northern Ireland’s key representative in South East Asia and will lead on all trade and investment activities for Northern Ireland in the region. He/She will be expected to forge relationships at the highest level with government, stakeholders and business to promote Nortehrn Ireland and secure both trade and investment wins. The jobholder will also be required to promote Northern Ireland’s word-class education providers in terms of both student recruitment and R&D collaboration.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Proactively identify relevant business opportunities for Northern Ireland companies through market intelligence, connections and research and promote the Northern Ireland capability to key decision makers;
- Develop strong C-level relationships with targeted companies, government, stakeholders and influencers in the region and enable Northern Ireland companies and education providers to engage with them.
- Meet regularly with British and Irish Ambassadors/High Commissioners and where appropriate work on joint planning and delivery of events;
- Support Northern Ireland companies interested in the region by providing information they require to make informed business decisions by handling market research and assessment enquiries, conducting visits and setting up appointments and writing appropriate reports;
- Oversee and manage in-market support for company visits, trade missions, events and exhibitions.
- Manage VIP (including Ministerial delegations) visit programme and arrange all necessary logisitics and protocols;
- Develop a market strategy for the region to promote Northern Ireland capability and which contributes to the overall goals of the Asia Pacific territory;
- Engage effectively with colleagues and stakeholders based in Northern Ireland to provide market and sector briefings and to ensure that activity in the market aligns with corporate plans;
- Develop network of NI ex-pats living/working in region and work with NI Connections to lever economic returns to Northern Ireland;
- Manage relevant information sources and maintain accurate recording of customer and stakeholder information on Invest NI’s CRM and management systems.
- Educated to degree level ideally in a business or related function.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in private or public sector organisation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & organisational skills
- Experience in analysing information and preparation of reports
Knowledge of Northern Ireland, key sectors and economic drivers
- Mandarin or Cantonese speaker preferred
- Benefits: Mandatory Provident Fund scheme statutory + additional voluntary employer contributions
- Leave entitlement: Paid annual leave: 22 days (to be prorated); Paid public holidays: 14 days/year
- Working hours: 41 hours per week
- Contract Duration: Permanent
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Hong Kong time) on 21 May 2017.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
This opportunity is closed to applications.