View Vacancy - Personal Assistant to the Scottish Government Director Brussels (BEL196)
The British Diplomatic Missions in Brussels are part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas are now looking for an Officer as Personal Assistant to the Scottish Government Director Brussels, in the Scottish Government EU Office (SGEUO). The job will involve supporting the Director in all aspects of his responsibilities. Main duties will include:
- Office Management: managing all aspects of his email inbox, diary, transport, finance, information flows, commissioning briefing for meetings, document creation, keeping records of meetings, and monitoring follow-up as necessary;
- Managing Relations with Edinburgh/Scotland: co-ordinating the regular teleconferences with Ministers and senior officials in Scotland, including agenda setting, recording outcomes of discussion and chasing action points;
- Undertaking Specific Projects: research and information gathering, supporting the Director (and the Scottish Government EU Office senior teams where appropriate) in delivering personal and corporate initiatives;
- Flexibility: as an integral part of Brexit co-ordination team, providing whatever support needed.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written);
- Practical spoken French (or the prospect of achieving this quickly);
- Excellent organisational and office management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – including the confidence to be firm with colleagues whilst retaining respect;
- Team working skills and willingness to “muck in”;
- Good IT (Microsoft Office and Outlook) skills;
- Effective drafting skills;
- Ability to think ahead, think strategically and act on own initiative;
- Discretion and good judgement.
- Previous experience of successful office management;
- Experience of co-ordinating and managing projects;
- Experience of dealing with senior people;
- Experience of budget management.
This is a permanent full-time contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly gross salary for this position is € 3,024.50 A2 (L) level (The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium salaries are not subject to annual indexation).
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.