View Vacancy - Export Advisor (AUT197)
The British Embassy in Vienna is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a part-time Export Advisor for the Department for International Trade (DIT) team for a fixed-term contract of 12 months.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the UK Government organisation that helps UK-based companies to succeed in Austria and other international markets. DIT also assists overseas companies to bring high-quality investment to the UK’s economy.
The successful applicant will work in a highly experienced and motivated team and will work towards maximising trade in the financial & professional services industry. The Export Advisor will conduct research, write reports and facilitate business between UK and Austrian companies through active collaboration and consultation. Main responsibilities will incude:
- Ability to promote UK products, services and export opportunities in the financial & professional services industry through:
- Organisation of seminars, workshops, inward and outward missions;
- Participation at selected trade fairs and exhibitions.
- Undertake market research to compile research assignments and written trade reports, in particular in relation to finance & professional services;
- Provide advice to UK companies on opportunities for new and increased export business in Austria;
- Develop and maintain senior level networks with Austrian and British partners.
- An excellent command of English and German as well as good IT skills are essential;
- An understanding of the UK and Austrian business environments;
- Formal qualifications in business/economics / finance combined with relevant work experience;
- A good understanding of the financial and professional services’ industry in Austria / UK would be of advantage;
- Experience of working towards demanding targets in a service-oriented environment;
- Experience of business development ideally in an international context;
- Well defined interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Drive and initiative to get things done, adaptability and a positive mindset towards working as part of a broader team.
This is a local staff position in the British Embassy Vienna; it is not a diplomatic designated position. The position is subject to the terms and conditions of British Embassy employees.
This is a part-time position of 5 days (22 hours net) per week. Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys 14 Austrian / UK public holidays per year and we are committed to ensuring a work / life balance.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. The Embassy is not able to assist with any visa or sponsorship arrangements. We are seeking to hold interviews in the last week of May 2017.
Monthly salary will be € 1,873 gross, payable 14 times a year for those liable for Austrian tax.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Austrian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs.
This opportunity is closed to applications.