View Vacancy - Steward & Clerical Assistance (GIB195)
The Office of the Governor in Gibraltar is currently looking for a Steward & Clerical Assistant.
The main purpose of this job is to provide routine stewarding duties and support to the Residence Manager and Team. Support to Official Convent Functions (including contacts database) and to the Health & Safety Manager (inventory and stock control).
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Residence Manager in running daily activities of the Convent Residence including administration and clerical duties (e.g. Time sheets and table plans);
- Preparation of equipment, furniture, seats, refreshments and rooms as required for events (routine and occasional);
- Assisting in special functions and co-ordination of occasional staff;
- Keep track of food and beverage stocks;
- Cleaning tasks in accordance to the published schedule;
- Assist the Chef with purchase orders, general shopping, kitchen preparations and cleaning.
Administrative and Clerical
- Updating the FCO Contacts database;
- Issuing invitations and managing guest lists.
- Health & Safety related tasks and inventory;
- Government Procurement Cards (GPC) holder;
- Supervision and co-ordinating stationary stock replenishment;
- Residential inventories;
- Escorting and Welcoming of visitors, guests and subcontractors.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Previous experience in (or at least good understanding of) events management and/or professional hospitality industry;
- Able to work accurately on own initiative without direct supervision, while keeping the team appropriately informed;
- Customer focus with ability to interact with contacts at all levels, both internal and external;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Courteous and discreet manners;
- Ability to prioritise, effectively manage and multitask;
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, with an eye for detail.
- Good command of written and spoken Spanish would be an advantage, but not essential;
- Flexibility to work evenings (and occasionally at weekend events);
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Good budget managing skills;
This is a full-time position (41 flexible working hours per week) for 24 months, which could be renewed by mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will receive a monthly salary of 1.421, 34£ Gross (12 instalments).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of six months.
Staff recruited locally by the Office of the Governor in Gibraltar is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.