View Vacancy - DIT Marketing Assistant – Latin America
Main purpose of job:
The UK government is aiming to achieve £1trillion of exports; 100,000 UK exporters and £1.5 trillion investment stock by 2020. The UK’s Department for International Trade in Latin America is recruiting for the position of DIT Marketing Assistant – Latin America to contribute to this ambition.
The position will report directly to the Marketing Manager of the Department for International Trade (DIT) for Latin America in Mexico, and will be based at the British Embassy in Mexico City. It will be a full time position until 31 March 2018 starting in June 2017, subject to receipt of a successful security clearance. The contract may be extended, subject to review.
The position will assist marketing and GREAT campaign activities in Latin American (LATAM), supporting the UK Trade and Investment Team. This is a fascinating and busy role allowing someone interested in business development and marketing to work in a great diplomatic mission at an exciting period in UK/Latin America trade and investment relations.
Roles and responsibilities:
The DIT Marketing Assistant for Latin America will support the UK’s Department for International Trade marketing campaigns, providing marketing support to all post.
The selected candidate will:
- As part of the Latin America Marketing hub in Mexico – monitor regional campaigns lead by London to help teams across the region deliver against their High Value Campaigns (HVC’s).
- Manage B2B Regional social media accounts (Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Promote and assist all LATAM post to use their social media accounts.
- Generate the LATAM Monthly Bulletin (emailing).
- Generate and manage LATAM databases (internal and external).
- Assist with all the administrative activities asked by Head Quarters (London), such as reports events (Great Highlights), Pull ups, statistics, budgets, etc.
- Coach LATAM post on how to access Great Challenge Fund funds for their activities. Be the first reviewer of the LATAM bids and feedback according to the set criteria.
- Be a DIT and GREAT brand guardian in Latin America and ensure adherence to branding guidelines, contributing to the implementation of DIT’s LATAM marketing strategy
- Be the LATAM Marketing Hub - finance officer; manage budgets and admin funds.
- The candidate must have excellent customer service skills focused on results and a 100% on the DIT commercial needs.
- Be able to create, develop and amend creative text, focused on developing accessible marketing materials to be used on digital and printed platforms to raise awareness of the strengths of the UK offer. (Language: Spanish and English)
- Be able to plan and deploy events when required.
- Working in close liaison with the LATAM Marketing Network, generating strong bonds and teamwork among officers.
- Be the internal marketing communications of DIT Champion, gathering and sending all the information required centrally.
- Review translations
To undertake other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job.
All employees in the Embassy network are expected, as part of their job to contribute towards the corporate activity organisation.
LATAM Marketing Budget
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in marketing, specifically digital and Email marketing.
- Proven capability to use and analyse metrics of email marketing platforms and social media channels specially LinkedIn Showcases (B2B) and Twitter.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including fluency in English.
- A positive and flexible team player who is willing to contribute to the team’s overall objectives.
- Able to deal with a range of competing priorities in a calm, efficient and professional manner, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience at managing budgets.
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel and Finance.
- Confident in dealing with a range of contacts at all levels.
- Organised and efficient in work and time management.
- Understanding of the full range of MS Office suite including Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent level English, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Experience in Design and Photoshop.
- Photographing experience.
- Copywriter Experience.
- DIT Induction
- GREAT Branding Training
- International Communication Skills Force (London)
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Medical Insurance
- 50% Holiday Bonus
- 13th Month salary
- 14 days of public holidays
This opportunity is closed to applications.