View Vacancy - Marketing Manager – UK’s Department for International Trade in Latin America
Main purpose of job:
The UK government is aiming to achieve £1trillion of exports; 100,000 UK exporters and £1.5 trillion investment stock by 2020. The UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT) in Latin America is recruiting a Marketing Specialist to contribute to this ambition.
The position will be under the Head of Communications in Brazil, based at the British Consulate in Sao Paulo, and will report activities to the Marketing Hub of the DIT Latin America in Mexico. It will be a full-time position until 31 March 2018 with immediate start (subject to a successful security clearance) and requires availability to travel. The contract may be extended, but is subject to review in March 2018.
The position will lead marketing activities and the GREAT Britain campaign in Brazil/Brazil-led Latin American key commercial sectors. This is a fascinating and busy role allowing someone with a background in business development and marketing to work in a context of an exciting growing partnership between the UK and the Latin America region.
Roles and responsibilities:
The selected candidate will:
- Plan and implement Brazil/Brazil-led Latin American DIT marketing strategies supporting the overall UK Government’s business vision in the region as well as the objectives of each commercial sector, ensuring to reach target audiences effectively.
- Work with Brazilian and Latin American network communications teams to develop effective digital/social media marketing campaigns.
- Strategically plan and deploy events.
- Offer guidance to sector teams based on marketing best-practices.
- Identify strategic opportunities to expand marketing efforts, always pursuing value for money partnerships.
- Deploy locally eventual campaigns led by the Head Quarters.
- Work in close liaison with partners as well as internal stakeholders (e.g.: Latam Marketing Hub, commercial sector leads, communications team, Head Quarters, Visit Britain, British Council and others).
- Be the DIT and GREAT Britain brand guardian and ensure adherence to branding guidelines.
- Measure and report marketing results against commercial targets.
- Produce creative texts to be used on digital and print platforms.
- Identify photo opportunities and the best exposure of the GREAT Britain campaign brand.
- Play the DIT Marketing Brazil Champion, being a focal point on gathering and sending information required centrally.
- To undertake other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job.
- Produce presentations, deal with suppliers, and manage administrative tasks.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in marketing.
- A confident self-starter, able to form effective relationships quickly both within and outside the organisation.
- A positive and flexible team player who is willing to contribute to the team’s overall objectives.
- Able to deal with a range of competing priorities in a calm, efficient and professional manner, with a keen eye for detail.
- Creative, strategic, hands on and forward thinking.
- Confident in dealing with a range of contacts at all levels.
- Organised and efficient in work and time management.
- Proven capability to use and analyse metrics of marketing and digital platforms.
- Understanding of the full range of MS Office suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Fluency in both Portuguese and English, with excellent written and oral communication skills, including fluency in English.
- Availability to travel within Brazil and internationally.
- Experience in Design and Photoshop.
- Video editing.
- Photographing experience.
- Copywriter Experience.
- DIT Induction
- GREAT Branding Training
- International Communication Skills Force (London)
- Opportunities to travel internationally
This opportunity is closed to applications.