View Vacancy - Programme and Political Assistant
Main purpose of job:
To support on the delivery of projects for the UK Government in Brazil; to provide research, political analysis and administrative support to political team, with a particular focus on South Atlantic issues. The job holder will also provide financial/budget management support to the team.
Roles and responsibilities:
This job includes projects, political and administrative work; as such, this role is an excellent opportunity to gain wide experience in an international environment.
- Programme and project work. This will include delivery of a limited number of small scale projects as well as administrative support for a number of larger projects which are implemented by others.
- Political analysis, research and administrative support to the political team, with a particular focus on South Atlantic relations.
- Responsibility for day-to-day monitoring of the political team budget (tracking spend against forecast; preparing monthly reports for Head of Section etc) The jobholder will be part of the Brazil Network Finance Committee.
Political team members all need to be flexible and ready to step into new areas at short notice to support colleagues at particularly busy times or as priorities change.
- Management of one intern
- Hold a University degree or two years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and good political judgment.
- Strong IT skills (MS Word and Excel).
- Proactive and creative self starter.
- Experience of programme/project management.
- Experience of budget/financial management.
The Embassy has a strong L&D culture and all jobholders are expected to have a stretching personal development plan which they work on throughout the year.
Relevant job related training will be provided as required.
This opportunity is closed to applications.