View Vacancy - Global Britain Fund Programme Manager
The British Embassy in Cairo is seeking an experienced Programme Manager to work in the programmes section of its political section.
The main purpose of the job is to manage projects under the FCO’s Global Britain Fund. The fund includes projects to support civil society, education, social entrepreneurship and human rights. The portfolio of projects managed is likely to be around £500,000 per year. The job-holder will also play a significant role in supporting the Embassy’s INSPIRE campaign.
This is a busy and interesting role in the Embassy that requires a flexible worker with strong programme management skills as well as political awareness. The successful candidate will need to work across teams, coordinating closely with the political and programme teams in the Embassy
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Embassy’s INSPIRE campaign, including managing relationships with contractors and identifying opportunities for new projects, events and public communications initiatives. Develop networks and work with a wide range of stakeholders and contractors to plan and deliver themed events.
- Identify potential partners and projects in line with the Global Britain Fund strategy, working with them to develop the proposals and make recommendations to the Post Programme Board.
- Regularly monitor the progress of the programme portfolio and individual projects, making visits to project implementers and providing regular reports to London and updates and briefings as required. Identify risks to programme delivery, taking action to resolve problems in consultation with colleagues.
- Ensure all project cycle management requirements are completed fully and accurately. Ensure coherence and coordination with other programmes in the Embassy.
- Input into selection and management of regional projects as required.
- Managing A Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about valuing and modelling professional excellence and expertise to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Delivering Value for Money – This involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. For all staff, it means seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area are team players who create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice. It means showing clarity of thought, setting priorities, analysing and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well reasoned justifiable decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using English and Arabic language.
- Project management experience.
- Two years’ experience of working in development, civil society or a related field.
- Ability to be flexible and work across teams.
- Strong organisation skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Communications and/or events management experience.
- Awareness and interest in Egyptian political issues.
- Budget management experience.
The position is B3 (L) and the starting Gross Salary is $ 1,343.81 per month subject to insurance and tax as per the usual regulations based on a 36 hours per week. We offer a competitive package including medical benefits, performance related bonus, recreational facilities, opportunities for job related training & development, etc.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
This contract is for a one-year fixed term.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
1. A covering letter stating why they feel they have the necessary skills to perform well in the position.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The above should be submitted in a doc (word) file format, MS Office 1997 – 2003.
The closing date for applications is 20 May 2017.
Please note that incomplete applications or applications received after the stated deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for the interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Cairo is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staffs recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Egypt employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.