View Vacancy - Corporate Services Officer
The UK Mission to the United Nations in New York is looking for the right candidate for the post of Corporate Services Officer, within the Mission’s Corporate Services Team. The Corporate Services Team in the Mission is essential to the smooth operations of the Mission. The Corporate Services Officer acts as a vital interface with staff in the Mission, central human resources teams in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and a number of external contacts. The jobholder reports to the Head of Corporate Services.
Purpose of the job:
To provide support and advice to the Mission’s workforce, including on induction of new staff, terms and conditions and benefits, on pay processes and on following human resources procedures.
To provide support to managers in the Mission on staffing issues, including on induction processes, learning & development programmes, and on administration of human resources functions.
To lead on diplomatic, protocol and accreditation procedures for UK Diplomats, and their spouses or partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support as above, in line with UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office policies and regulations, to help ensure the Mission implements fully its human resources obligations and assist managers in investing in staff across the Mission.
• Provide full support to UK Diplomats on issues of UN and diplomatic accreditation, procedures and protocol, trouble-shooting problems and ensuring policy is implemented correctly, building expertise and knowledge, including through a network of relationships with key contacts in US State Department and UN Administration.
• Lead work on induction policy to help ensure a high standard of induction for all new staff.
• Provide support to staff and managers in learning, development and training policies, and in implementing such programmes within the Mission, including support to the Mission’s Learning and Development Committee.
• Build and maintain links, and knowledge and expertise, with central Foreign and Commonwealth Office human resources colleagues to ensure the Mission meets overall standards, provides the central human resources team with information it needs and to help resolve human resources issues involving the central human resources team.
• Ensure good human resources standards are met by the Mission’s workforce through assisting and advising colleagues and managers on their human resources responsibilities, including on human resources IT systems, nurturing a process of learning and development and promoting good staff management.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional people person, able to build a rapport with and carry the confidence of managers and central human resources colleagues, as well as with all the staff in the whole Mission. The job holder will also have excellent organisational skills, an eye for detail and the ability to multitask and troubleshoot problems creatively without a drop in standards of customer service.
The successful candidate will be able to attend training (fully provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office) in dealing with staff who may have human resources or personal concerns or difficulties, including potentially distressing situations.
The jobholder will need proven skills and experience in:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Customer service, with the ability to deal with people in a positive, proactive and supportive manner, even under pressure.
• Human resources work, including advice and support to staff and managers, and in implementing human resources processes.
• Writing papers, action plans and minute taking, and presenting and speaking at meetings.
• 3-5 years of related work experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (experience working with bespoke human resources IT systems is an advantage).
Under US State Department requirements, the Mission may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or G visa holders. If you hold a visa other than a G visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Mission. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.ukinusa.com. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
It would be desirable if the jobholder had experience of working with diplomats and/ or the UN in New York, though this is not an essential pre-requisite.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
We welcome candidates of any race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, disability, age, or any other category. The Mission is committed to building a diverse environment. The Mission prides itself on upholding the principles of diversity and inclusion and providing equal opportunities for all.
We strive to nurture a diverse workforce by promoting policies that emphasize fairness, transparency, creativity and a comfortable and safe working environment in which individual differences are respected and the contributions of all staff are recognized and valued. The Mission values honesty, integrity, professionalism, and teamwork. Treating all colleagues with respect is fundamental. We have a zero tolerance policy towards bullying, harassment and discrimination. We want staff to express themselves freely, to think creatively and to feel free to challenge policy perspectives constructively. The Mission supports the professional learning and development of all colleagues. While the UN schedule can be demanding and occasionally inflexible, the Mission’s leadership is committed to doing all it can to improve the work/life balance of its staff, and encourages flexible working when possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.