View Vacancy - MYR - DIT Trade and Investment Manager
The Department for International Trade’s role is to help UK businesses succeed in Burma. We opened our office in Rangoon in 2012 and our team is growing to meet the high level of interest from UK businesses.
There are two DIT opportunities: one sector lead for Education and Aid Funded Business and one for Financial Services.
Key duties are as follows:
- Take responsibility for responding to trade enquiries from British businesses in specific sectors in a clear accurate and timely way
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of specific sectors and produce regular reporting on them
- Manage client relationships including developing a strong network of contacts in the private and public sector to help support British business
- Identify opportunities for British business in Burma and promote these opportunities appropriately and creatively
- Organise and deliver programmes for visiting British business representative
- Support other DIT and British Embassy initiatives when they arise, and take responsibility for new projects
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic team players who have the ability to take initiative and think strategically when required. These roles will involve working within the wider British Embassy team and are therefore ideal to those who are interested to learn how a diplomatic mission operates. Some evening and weekend work will be required as will travel to the UK and in the region.
- A college or university level degree in business or social science
- Fluency in English and Burmese, both oral and written
- Strong IT skills and a good knowledge of social media
- Ability to work without supervision and on own initiative
- Post-graduate degree
- Work experience in the financial services sector or in a commercial environment in a private or state owned business or business support organization
- Proven track record of successful relationship management
- Experience in organising events and managing projects
- Proven track record as a good team player
The British Embassy Rangoon offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, leave entitlement of 22 days per annum (calculated in pro rata).
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Rangoon are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
All applications must be received before 22 May 2017 at 2355 Rangoon time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Interviews for this position will commence during the week of 05 June 2017.
The successful candidates should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.