View Vacancy - Assistant Development Executive - Scottish Development International - B3 - Mumbai
Length of the contract: 2 Years
Main purpose of job
The job holder will provide administrative and business development support to the Country Head and Director West India at Scottish Development International team based in Mumbai, India.
- Manage administrative duties for Mumbai office.
- Provide admin and trade support to the Country Head and Director West India.
- Support with trade activity, missions and visits to India.
- Lead on engagement with Third Part Providers (TPP), management of finance and dynamics.
Roles and responsibilities
- visits by Scottish companies/trade delegations, ministerial visits and visiting colleagues from Scotland/the wider network.
- Ensure that CRM/Dynamics records are regularly updated.
Working with others:
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stake holders, vendors and suppliers.
- Provide support to the marketing and communications head for event management during events and visits in west India.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with DIT and other key partner organisations in India.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and develop databases, and knowledge of key sectors in India relevant to Scotland.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in India’s business scenario
- Education: Graduate/ Post graduate
- 3+ years experience in international trade or economic development would be preferable
This position requires a highly efficient, self motivated and well organised candidate having excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work and influence internal and external stakeholders.
While this is essentially an administrative position, the candidate will be expected to work and support trade and investments activity, and work flexibly and beyond set duties when required.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, salary will be INR 49,635 per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Superannuation Fund/ Special Allowance
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered.
(a) Completed the Online Job Application Form
(b) Complete the Motivation section in the online application form (no more than 600 words) setting out why you are the suitable person for this role. Your statement should include clear examples of how you meet the key competences.
(c) Attach a detailed CV
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) else the application will not be considered.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.