View Vacancy - Assistant to the Social Secretary
This position will support the Social Secretary and maintain the data base.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Social Secretary in planning and executing events at the Ambassador’s Residence
- Sending invitations and taking responses
- Attending meetings, taking notes and drawing up running orders of events
- Responsible for downloading guest list and teaching other members of the Embassy to use the electronic check in system
- The Ambassador’s Christmas Card list
- Printing menus
- Occasional scheduling
- Collecting and distributing afternoon mail to the Residence
- Excellent computer skills (particularly Access, Excel, Word and use of Internet)
- Excellent telephone skills;
- Strong communication ability, both written and oral are required; must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle the pressure of juggling multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Prioritise work load;
- Good spelling.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years work or internship
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A visa holders*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/world/usa. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
- Good pensmanship
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Resume should be submitted by 22 May 2017 following the online application process. Please identify in your cover letter whether you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Internal candidates must address their resumes through the Head of Group before applying.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we can not guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.