View Vacancy - Infrastructure Trade & Investment Officer
Main purpose of job:
As part of the Department for International Trade (DIT) section of the Embassy, the position consists of assisting the Senior Trade and Investment Officer in the Infrastructure Team to promote Infrastructure Projects (mainly airports) in Mexico, liaise with key contacts and partners in the UK and Mexico, carrying out business and market research and creating commercial intelligence, replying to UK company enquiries on the Mexican market, and keeping track of administrative tasks.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identifying potential key contacts both in Mexico and the UK.
- Conducting business and market research and writing trade reports.
- To monitor the media/ internet for opportunities and bring relevant information to the attention of colleagues in the UK and other parts of Mexico team.
- Drafting and submitting export opportunities.
- Following up on enquiries of UK companies.
- Attending meetings with relevant sector stakeholders as well as relevant trade fairs and exhibitions (when needed).
- Assisting in the organisation of trade promotion events and missions.
- Preparing sector-focused presentations.
- Keeping track of and updating databases (including assistance given to UK companies).
- Collaborating with members of the Airports Regional High Value Campaign from other markets (Brazil, Costa Rica, and Argentina).
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
All employees in the Embassy network are expected, as part of their job to contribute towards the corporate activity organisation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Trade, Business Administration, International Relations or related subjects.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English and Spanish.
- IT competency (Including Microsoft Office).
- Translation English-Spanish abilities.
- Ability to research and complete administrative tasks in time and form.
- Previous work experience and/or knowledge on infrastructure sector.
- Medical Insurance
- 50% Holiday Bonus
- 13th Month salary
- 14 days of public holidays
- The selected candidate will be required to work from Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Friday from 8:00am to 2:00pm and be available for occasional overtime as required.
- There may be occasional requirement to travel to other locations within and outside Mexico.
This opportunity is closed to applications.